cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo Mechanism Constraints Limit - Constraint Set Will Not Enable

kblacker
7-Bedrock

Creo Mechanism Constraints Limit - Constraint Set Will Not Enable

I am using Creo Parametric 9.0 and I am setting mechanism constraints (Pre-Defined Constraint sets) to make a dynamic model.

Into A.asm, I want to assemble another assembly, B.asm, which has multiple components that should be able to move relative to each other. I have B.asm set up so there are a few mechanism constraints that limit the range of motion so the components are tied together somewhat, but are still able to move as they should (rotate, translate, etc.).

When I assemble B.asm into A.asm, I define multiple mechanism constraint sets (Pre-Defined sets) to constrain the parts of B.asm to parts of A.asm. This use of multiple constraint sets works really well until I get up to 8 different sets. Then, the last constraint set has its "Enabled" check box unchecked, so the set is Disabled. Whenever I click the check box to enable that last constraint, the constraint works fine and the B.asm connects in the model as it should--so there are no connection failures. But, after hitting the green check, the constraint set automatically disables, and when I edit the definition of B.asm, it shows the "Enabled" check box as unchecked.

Is there an inherent limit to how many constraint sets can go on an assembly? Why does this set not enable? Is there a way to get it to enable permanently?

kblacker_0-1727816186749.png

1 REPLY 1

A very interesting update that is befuddling to me.

Playing around with the constraint sets, I found that if I use "ps_shock" as the Set Name, the set will disable automatically; similarly with "Ps_shock".

HOWEVER, if I change the set name to "Connection_8", then it will remain enabled and function as it should. I don't face any other issues of disabling with the other constraint sets named similarly to "ps_shock". Why is this happening just to this one?

kblacker_0-1727817429187.png

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags