cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

.PRT cannot be retrieved

AD_10923662
2-Guest

.PRT cannot be retrieved

On Parametric 10.0.3.0, I'm unable to retrieve a .prt file from Windchill which was previously checked in by another user (who is utilizing the same version/license etc)

The first time I tried opening it - Creo crashed with a pop up from my graphics driver (not Creo) saying that the session had crashed (attached eventvwr log at the end)

Any of the following times - I get a white screen as though its about to load but eventually I get the "cannot be retrieved" message

I have tried by clearing the workspace and using a brand new workspace too - no progress there.

Will also be trying to upload the prt file on my end using a local copy sent by the creator of that .prt file - shall update soon.

Shall also update with the tip on opening the prt in a text editor as mentioned in this thread. It does open in Creo View without any hitches, so I cannot figure what's wrong!

Event viewer log on the crash - 

Log Name: System
Source: nvlddmkm
Date: 6/3/2024 11:00:06 AM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXXXX
Description:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 2100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="nvlddmkm" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-06-03T05:30:06.5865631Z" />
<EventRecordID>79128</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="236" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>XXXXXXXXXX</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Video3</Data>
<Data>Error occurred on GPUID: 2100</Data>
<Binary>00000000020030000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

2 REPLIES 2

Update:
Part creator checked in the part again - and I'm now able to retrieve it.

Do get back with any possible causes of the original problem!

Hello @AD_10923662

Thank you for your question. 
Your question appears to be well documented, however I'd like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. 

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags