cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Erase toolkit application memory from CREO

PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone

Erase toolkit application memory from CREO

Hi,

How to erase toolkit application memory from CREO, if this option available I can avoid everytime restarting CREO to check my updated Toolkit application.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is right. Bellow is a short extract from the documentation (page 256 of tkuse.pdf for Creo 2.0 M120):

Note that message files are loaded into Creo Parametric only once during a session, during the first call to ProMessageDisplay(). Consequently, if you make a 
change to the message file while Creo Parametric is running, you must exit and restart Creo Parametric to have the changes take effect.

I think the same is true for resource files.

However, to test the layout and appearance of the dialog boxes generated with resource files you can use the prodialog_view utility.

From a command prompt run:

<creo_loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\prodialog_view.bat <full_path_to_resouce_file>

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

First you need to add the following line to your "protk.dat" file:

allow_stop                    TRUE

Next, from Creo interface access "Auxiliary Application" command.

You can do this from Home tab / Utilities oweflow / Auxiliary Applications (for an empty session)

home_tab.jpg

or from Tools / Auxiliary Application in all other modes

tools_tab.jpg

On "Auxiliary Application" window select your program and then use the Start and Stop buttons.

aux_App.jpg

For more information's about the registry file and all possible options read the "Creo Parametric TOOLKIT Registry File" Apendix on the toolkit user guide. For Creo 2 this is appendix D at page 1823

Hi Gabrial thanks for your valuable reply, I had tried the steps but it does not work for me.

In some case if I updated my resource file or Message file from source it not working in same session, only after restarting creo takes effect.

With Best Regards

JKParthiban

Parthiban Kannan

That is right. Bellow is a short extract from the documentation (page 256 of tkuse.pdf for Creo 2.0 M120):

Note that message files are loaded into Creo Parametric only once during a session, during the first call to ProMessageDisplay(). Consequently, if you make a 
change to the message file while Creo Parametric is running, you must exit and restart Creo Parametric to have the changes take effect.

I think the same is true for resource files.

However, to test the layout and appearance of the dialog boxes generated with resource files you can use the prodialog_view utility.

From a command prompt run:

<creo_loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\prodialog_view.bat <full_path_to_resouce_file>

Hi,

I tried to use prodialog_view utility, but I got below error.

Prodialogview_utility.JPG

I tried by placing my resource file in same directory of prodialog_view.bat

resource_file.JPG

And even I searched for the file prodialog_view.exe, It is not found in cmd mentioned dir. Can you please help.

Parthiban Kannan

Edit the prodialog_view.bat file and at the end of the file replace the line

"%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%MC%\obj\prodialog_view.exe" %*

with

"%PRO_DIRECTORY%\protoolkit\%MC%\obj\prodialog_view.exe" %*

Hi ,
     It's working now, thank you very much...

Parthiban Kannan

Top Tags