cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to Move a drawing Note From one view To Another

KB_9753804
12-Amethyst

How to Move a drawing Note From one view To Another

Hi ,

In Creo 4.0  M140 , there is command called "Move to view " which is used to move an annotation from one view to another view , I have do this using API & I m using ProToolkit , Please help me out with solution 

Regards,

Kunal

7 REPLIES 7
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:KB_9753804)

Your application needs to perform the equivalent of RMB on a Drawing view > Move to View. This is a typical instance where a dedicated function exists.
When you search the API documentation with *viewmove" you will find 

ProDrawingViewMove

remy_0-1657033270458.png

and bonus: pt_examples will give you some code.

KB_9753804
12-Amethyst
(To:remy)

This API is used to position view not to move annotation from one view to another 

Regards,

Kunal Bidkar

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:KB_9753804)

That's partially right: this function enables to move a Drawing Note to a different view.  This is my understanding of the topic : "How to Move a drawing Note From one view To Another".

Can you share a screencapture of the operation that you need to run with toolkit? or share some model (even a dumb one)?

By chance do you mean the RMB > Move to plane operation?

remy_0-1657193879173.png

pausob
18-Opal
(To:remy)

?? the suggested API function does not seem to apply to the correctly stated problem: Your application needs to perform the equivalent of RMB on a Drawing view > Move to View

pausob_0-1657214214608.png

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:pausob)

You are right the command you referred to is Move to View when RMB a drawing dimension for example:

remy_0-1659101312113.png

To get an actual function to perform the equivalent, an enhancement request is required.

Else follow @FabianWolf suggestion.

Example for a 2D note:

• ProDtlnoteDataGet()
  • ProDtlnotedataAttachmentGet()
  • ProDtlattachGet --> Third arg is the current parent view
  • ProDtlattachSet() --> Supply args returned by ProDtlattachGet() except for the ProView (use the view to be the new parent of the annotation)
  • ProDtlnotedataAttachmentSet()
  • ProDtlnoteErase()
  • ProDtlnoteModify()
  • ProDtlnoteShow()

Works pretty similar for symbols.

Hope that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Top Tags