cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mathcad prime 8 can't install

SteenIn
4-Participant

Mathcad prime 8 can't install

Try to install purchased prime 8. Stops installing before the installation guide pops up.

I had Prime 6 and 7 installed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:SteenIn)
10 REPLIES 10
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

SteenIn
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Hi

The problem stops installing as soon as unpacking the installation file reach 100 % without any notification

SteenIn
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Has al´ready gone through all points installation guides, nothing useful in my case.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Please provide a screenshot of what is happening on your screen at this moment.

SteenIn
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Insatllations files just stop when it reaches 100 %, whitout any notification. Therefore, it's not possible to get a screenshot

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try this tip - "Error "PTC Installation Assistant has stopped working" when running setup.exe for Mathcad Prime"": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/Error-quot-PTC-Installation-Assistant-has-stopped-working-quot/m-p/706416#M21 

SteenIn
4-Participant

Installation stops before "PTC Installation Assisstant". Installation stops as soon as "pim_installmgr_mathcad_8" reach 100%

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Run "PrimeWixinstaller_64bit.msi" from the "ptcsh0" folder of installer.

9.3.jpg

SteenIn
4-Participant

Hi

As I can see "pim_installmgr_mathcad_8" never get unpacked. I can't therefore find the "PrimeWixinstaller_64bit.msi" in the ptcsh0 folder.

Are there any ways to download the installation files manually?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Top Tags