cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Animations that don't animate

dabber
1-Newbie

Animations that don't animate

Hi All,

I'm using Mathcad 15 to animate the plot of some calculations I am doing. If I animate the plot in the worksheet that the calculations are done in the animation works (if you ignore the multiple initializing video errors I get). However, doing the animation this way takes a long time since Mathcad does the calculations for each plot. So I figured I'd speed things up by taking the results of the calculations and writing them to a CSV file, then creating a separate worksheet for the animation, using the CSV as input. When I do it this way though animation doesn't work at all. I don't get any errors - it just doesn't do anything.

Has anybody else seen this?

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:dabber)

Animation is connected to the built-in variable FRAME.

Your first sheet (the calculator) must have been using FRAME in the calculations.

You cannot, however, read FRAME in from the CSV file. Mathcad will do that; but doing it will corrupt the built-in animation variable. Rather than read it in, use it a a defined range variable in the display sheet.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Please post the CSV file and the worksheet.

wayne
3-Visitor

You don't need to export out of Mathcad, just make a matrix of results and use FRAME to step though the matrix.

It's been a while, but try something like ResultMat=[ ], where each row are the corresponding values for a given FRAME.

FRAME=1..100 x=ResultMat[FRAME,0 y1=ResultMat[FRAME,1 y2=ResultMat[FRAME,2 etc.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:wayne)

Wayne Reid wrote:

You don't need to export out of Mathcad, just make a matrix of results and use FRAME to step though the matrix.

It's been a while, but try something like ResultMat=[ ], where each row are the corresponding values for a given FRAME.

FRAME=1..100 x=ResultMat[FRAME,0 y1=ResultMat[FRAME,1 y2=ResultMat[FRAME,2 etc.

Yes, there's an example (I think) in the attached worksheet that I posted way back when ... in fact, it doesn't use frame at all, just a wait function embedded in a call to a Picture, although it could easily be adapted to user FRAME to create a proper Animation.

As for the exported version, if there is some FRAME related value, then it should be possible to break up the whole data set to get an animated version.

Top Tags