cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can`t define a "chain" of equations

MechEnginge
2-Guest

Can`t define a "chain" of equations

Hi!

I`m new to mathcad and I couldn`t find any solution for my problem in the internet and here.  I`ve attached a picture with my problem, where  I`ve solved an equation and couldn`t define  a  solved variable(marked in green) so it will be used in the next equations (I needed to define it manually).

Tnx for the help in advance!

P.S. I`m using mathCAD Prime 4.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MechEnginge)

You can assign your solved euation (Vauss=pi*..... ---solve R--->) to a variable, much like:

LM_20171208_Solve.png

Then you can access the individual results (if there are more).

If you're lucky, you can constrain the symbolic output to just the one solution you need. But be warned, controlling the output of the symbolic solver is difficult; you may not be able to get exactly what you want...

In your present case, given the equation to be solved, you can just pick the absolute value of the first solution...

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MechEnginge)

You can assign your solved euation (Vauss=pi*..... ---solve R--->) to a variable, much like:

LM_20171208_Solve.png

Then you can access the individual results (if there are more).

If you're lucky, you can constrain the symbolic output to just the one solution you need. But be warned, controlling the output of the symbolic solver is difficult; you may not be able to get exactly what you want...

In your present case, given the equation to be solved, you can just pick the absolute value of the first solution...

Success!
Luc

As it looks like you are only interested in positive values, you may consider using the assume option:

Bild.png

Tnx a lot!

Top Tags