cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

I received a new license files because we purchased two new licenses of the program. I currently have the file on the server but I do not know how to load it. Could you please help me?

jbarone-2
1-Newbie

I received a new license files because we purchased two new licenses of the program. I currently have the file on the server but I do not know how to load it. Could you please help me?

3 REPLIES 3

Moving to the Mathcad space to give it the correct exposure.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jbarone-2)

I guess you just install Mathcad and during installation it will ask for your license, then you point to the right file.

Do the same for Prime if you need that.

Note that your license is valid for Mathcad 15 and for Prime (You should be able to activate one installation of each of those two application with a single license file).

If you've already installed Mathcad 15, I think you'll find the licensing button on the Help->About-screen.

If you've already installed Prime, use this button to license it:

Success!

Luc

Hi,

it looks like you bought floating licenses.

On server machine

• turn off firewall temporarily

On client machine

• install Mathcad Prime
  • launch Mathcad Prime
  • click on the PTC Mathcad orb, then Options…, and then the License tab
  • enter path to license in form ... 7788@licenseservername

On server machine

• turn on firewall
  • define firewall inbound rule enabling inboud communication for lmadmin.exe, lmgrd.exe, ptc_d.exe

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags