cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mathcad Prime 8 Wrong integral calculation result? #1

Cornel
17-Peridot

Mathcad Prime 8 Wrong integral calculation result? #1

Hello,

CornelBejan_0-1675323834085.png

CornelBejan_2-1675323860342.png

CornelBejan_1-1675323852541.png

CornelBejan_3-1675323892869.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Cornel)

@Cornel wrote:

I think this happens because of that constant which normally is added in the indefinite integral calculation:

CornelBejan_0-1675324435951.png

Correct.  And if a software by default ignores/omits that constant of integration in indefinite integrals, it also should omit that summand 1/n. So Prime is also a bit more "correct" here because its result for this integral also covers correctly the case of n=0 whereas the results of Mathematica is wrong and invalid for n=0.

As for the other integral I am disappointed that neither software considers the case n=0 and simply ignores it!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cornel
17-Peridot

I think this happens because of that constant which normally is added in the indefinite integral calculation:

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@Cornel wrote:

Correct.  And if a software by default ignores/omits that constant of integration in indefinite integrals, it also should omit that summand 1/n. So Prime is also a bit more "correct" here because its result for this integral also covers correctly the case of n=0 whereas the results of Mathematica is wrong and invalid for n=0.

As for the other integral I am disappointed that neither software considers the case n=0 and simply ignores it!

Top Tags