cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PTC Mathcad Prime in Access as OLE Object

Pablo_PAO
3-Visitor

PTC Mathcad Prime in Access as OLE Object

I have been trying to embed a Madcath Prime document in Access 2016, but it has been impossible.
I have the Mathcad 14 version and it does recognise the OLE Objet type, but with the mathcad prime version it does not let me the option to insert it in the Access 2016 form. 

I have created a new object of type "MathcadPrime.Application". but then I had to assign an external address with the file, I can't get it embedded in the Access 2016 form. There are any option wich i dont need to give the external address to the file? (as in Mathcad 14 wich was embeed as an OLE Objet type)  

Thanks!! 

mathcad1.jpg

(This is the VBA code using the "MathcadPrime.Application")

mathcad.jpg

 (This image is with Matchad 14) 

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I can't get it embedded in the Access 2016 form.

As far as I know you can no longer do this with Prime.  Prime can only be run as seperate instance to open worksheets as you have done to input and export predefined Prime variables.  You can assign VBA modules to buttons on a Access 2016 form.  These VBA assigned modules can run Prime.  There is examples in help that show how.

There are any option wich i dont need to give the external address to the file? (as in Mathcad 14 wich was embeed as an OLE Objet type)  

Again as far as I know you cannot just embed a Prime file.

Can't do more unless you upload the Access and Prime files.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags