cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

PTC Mathcad Prime in Access as OLE Object

Pablo_PAO
4-Participant

PTC Mathcad Prime in Access as OLE Object

I have been trying to embed a Madcath Prime document in Access 2016, but it has been impossible.
I have the Mathcad 14 version and it does recognise the OLE Objet type, but with the mathcad prime version it does not let me the option to insert it in the Access 2016 form. 

I have created a new object of type "MathcadPrime.Application". but then I had to assign an external address with the file, I can't get it embedded in the Access 2016 form. There are any option wich i dont need to give the external address to the file? (as in Mathcad 14 wich was embeed as an OLE Objet type)  

Thanks!! 

mathcad1.jpg

(This is the VBA code using the "MathcadPrime.Application")

mathcad.jpg

 (This image is with Matchad 14) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Terry, 

Thank U so much for your answerd.

Finally I got it. I inserted the Prime file as a package shell and then i create an objet as a Mathcad.Aplication and use the expresion of the active workbook to write in the MAthcad Primer package Shell.  See the following code with the solution (I mark in bold the important line code): 

Pablo_PAO_0-1721037436793.png

Private Sub Comando1_Click()
Dim frm As Form
Dim oleObj As Object
Dim Worksheet As Object
Dim mathCad As Object
Dim Inputs As Object
Dim Outputs As Object
Dim countInputs As Integer
Dim countOutputs As Integer
Dim in0 As String, in1 As String, in2 As String, in3 As String, in4 As String

' Referenciar el formulario actual
Set frm = Forms("Form1") 'This is the Form where the MathCad prime is embed

' Referenciar el objeto OLE embebido
Set oleObj = frm.Controls("PlantillaOBJ") 'This is the name of the MathCad Prime object embedded in the "Form1". 

' Verificar si el objeto OLE está disponible
If Not oleObj Is Nothing Then

oleObj.Action = acOLEActivate  ' Activate the MathCad Prime embedded object

Set mathCad = CreateObject("MathcadPrime.Application")  ' Create a MathcadPrime.Apllication object
mathCad.Visible = True ' View the MAthcad Prime app

'////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
'ESPERAR UNOS SEGUNDOS PARA QUE SE TERMINE DE ABRIR ' Wait a seconds until the mathcad prime will be opened
'////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dim inicio As Double
Dim espera As Double

' Marcar el tiempo de inicio
inicio = Timer

' Definir el tiempo de espera en segundos (3 segundos en este caso)
espera = 3  'this is the time you want to wait.

' Loop hasta que se cumpla el tiempo de espera
Do While Timer < inicio + espera
DoEvents ' Permite que otros eventos ocurran durante la espera
Loop

'///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Set Worksheet = mathCad.ActiveWorksheet    ' Define the Worksheet as the one which is active ( our embedded Mathcad Prime document)
Set Inputs = Worksheet.Inputs                 ' Now you can use all the expresion of the Mathcad Prime as the inputs, outputs, etc

in0 = Inputs.GetAliasByIndex(0)
in2 = Inputs.GetAliasByIndex(1)

MsgBox "Importing values from Access"

'Esto es para el caos de que tengamos que mandar una variable de texto en lugar de numerica.
'Call Worksheet.SetRealValue(in0, 13232, "")
Call Worksheet.SetRealValue(in0, 244343, "")
Call Worksheet.SetRealValue(in2, 32322, "")

Else
MsgBox "El objeto OLE no se encontró en el formulario.", vbExclamation
End If
End Sub

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I can't get it embedded in the Access 2016 form.

As far as I know you can no longer do this with Prime.  Prime can only be run as seperate instance to open worksheets as you have done to input and export predefined Prime variables.  You can assign VBA modules to buttons on a Access 2016 form.  These VBA assigned modules can run Prime.  There is examples in help that show how.

There are any option wich i dont need to give the external address to the file? (as in Mathcad 14 wich was embeed as an OLE Objet type)  

Again as far as I know you cannot just embed a Prime file.

Can't do more unless you upload the Access and Prime files.

Cheers

Terry

Hi Terry, 

Thank U so much for your answerd.

Finally I got it. I inserted the Prime file as a package shell and then i create an objet as a Mathcad.Aplication and use the expresion of the active workbook to write in the MAthcad Primer package Shell.  See the following code with the solution (I mark in bold the important line code): 

Pablo_PAO_0-1721037436793.png

Private Sub Comando1_Click()
Dim frm As Form
Dim oleObj As Object
Dim Worksheet As Object
Dim mathCad As Object
Dim Inputs As Object
Dim Outputs As Object
Dim countInputs As Integer
Dim countOutputs As Integer
Dim in0 As String, in1 As String, in2 As String, in3 As String, in4 As String

' Referenciar el formulario actual
Set frm = Forms("Form1") 'This is the Form where the MathCad prime is embed

' Referenciar el objeto OLE embebido
Set oleObj = frm.Controls("PlantillaOBJ") 'This is the name of the MathCad Prime object embedded in the "Form1". 

' Verificar si el objeto OLE está disponible
If Not oleObj Is Nothing Then

oleObj.Action = acOLEActivate  ' Activate the MathCad Prime embedded object

Set mathCad = CreateObject("MathcadPrime.Application")  ' Create a MathcadPrime.Apllication object
mathCad.Visible = True ' View the MAthcad Prime app

'ESPERAR UNOS SEGUNDOS PARA QUE SE TERMINE DE ABRIR ' Wait a seconds until the mathcad prime will be opened

Dim inicio As Double
Dim espera As Double

' Marcar el tiempo de inicio
inicio = Timer

' Definir el tiempo de espera en segundos (3 segundos en este caso)
espera = 3  'this is the time you want to wait.

' Loop hasta que se cumpla el tiempo de espera
Do While Timer < inicio + espera
DoEvents ' Permite que otros eventos ocurran durante la espera
Loop

'///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Set Worksheet = mathCad.ActiveWorksheet    ' Define the Worksheet as the one which is active ( our embedded Mathcad Prime document)
Set Inputs = Worksheet.Inputs                 ' Now you can use all the expresion of the Mathcad Prime as the inputs, outputs, etc

in0 = Inputs.GetAliasByIndex(0)
in2 = Inputs.GetAliasByIndex(1)

MsgBox "Importing values from Access"

'Esto es para el caos de que tengamos que mandar una variable de texto en lugar de numerica.
'Call Worksheet.SetRealValue(in0, 13232, "")
Call Worksheet.SetRealValue(in0, 244343, "")
Call Worksheet.SetRealValue(in2, 32322, "")

Else
MsgBox "El objeto OLE no se encontró en el formulario.", vbExclamation
End If
End Sub

Hello @pa_11338313

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags