cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Volume with 4 points ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Volume with 4 points ?

Hi Everyone.
From the following :

Volume with 4 Points.PNG

Volume with 4 Points ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Best Regards.
Loi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So, to be honest, I don't really get the point of your post 😞
Did you want to say something with it? And if so, what?

Should you have put as points A, B , C, D in your function those of the questioner (which is in no way evident in the picture), then - yes - the points are not quite coplanar, only almost, or , as I had written above, "at least very close to".

The volume of the tetrahedron is consequently also not completely zero, but exactly 16 volume units. is it this you wanted to tell us? You changed the function "Coplanar" to return the volume? So why its not called "volume" and doesn't return zero in case of coplanar points?

Werner_E_1-1662078679611.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lvl107)

Volume?? I guess you don't mean to calculate der Volume of a tetrahedron, right?

Mathcad's 3D plot will plot points, lines and with limitations surfaces (as quadrangular patches).

But it will not plot real, full solids if that is what you are looking for. All you can do is to try to plot all exterior surfaces to make it look like a solid.

The example you show consists of four points which seem to be coplanar (at least very close to). So what do you mean by "volume" in that case???

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:lvl107)

image.pngimage.png

So, to be honest, I don't really get the point of your post 😞
Did you want to say something with it? And if so, what?

Should you have put as points A, B , C, D in your function those of the questioner (which is in no way evident in the picture), then - yes - the points are not quite coplanar, only almost, or , as I had written above, "at least very close to".

The volume of the tetrahedron is consequently also not completely zero, but exactly 16 volume units. is it this you wanted to tell us? You changed the function "Coplanar" to return the volume? So why its not called "volume" and doesn't return zero in case of coplanar points?

Werner_E_1-1662078679611.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Many thanks, Werner.

Volume2Coplanar.PNG

Best Regards.

Top Tags