cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

DDE MathCAD v5

TD_10396365
4-Participant

DDE MathCAD v5

I need to use DDE to integrate MathCAD with my .NET application. I know the service name and form a topic, but I don't understand, what is item in MathCAD and what format of thies item? In excel it is cell, for example. I didn't find information anywehere. 

8 REPLIES 8

They redirect to help in MathCAD. But I didn't find it there)

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TD_10396365)

Run your Mathcad 5. Then under the "Help" menu choose "Developer's reference". In there, read the information on "Accessing Mathcad from within another application".

Success!
Luc

TD_10396365
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

TD_10396365_0-1662018759153.png

I dont have this line( And also I have Error opening Help, so I open *.hlp files in special website, but it doesn't contain info about DDE

Here is what the old guide "Mathcad 2000 User’s Guide" looks like.

TD_10396365
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Yeah, I see. But it doesn't contain information about DDE. I also find another book and it redirect me to mathcad app -> help -> Developer's reference, but I don't see this line

Here is the DefRef subdir of the MC15 help. Hope it helps.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TD_10396365)

On the old Mathsoft - Mathcad website I found this, regarding Mathcad 6 (Mathcad 5 and 6 both supported DDE):

"First, follow the directions in the Mathcad User's Guide in the Appendix on DDE, and write a macro that sends the values of certain cells to particular Mathcad variables. "

Apparently in the user's guide for Mathcad 6 there is an appendix that deals with DDE. Unfortunately I have no access to my physical copy of that manual presently, and an electronic copy (.pdf) does not exist..

I did find there is a DDESERV.EXE in the Mathcad 6 directory. I tried running it, but it immediately complained about several missing .DLL files (file names all starting with an underscore). I did not see that DDESERV.EXE in the Mathcad 5 directory though...

I seem to remember that DDE is a mechanism where a client can ask a host 'what tricks it has in store'. If you can find a DDE description for another program, maybe it will explain how to do that and you could try it on your Mathcad 5.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags