cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

3D cursor is not straight

EI_10453429
8-Gravel

3D cursor is not straight

Im using Creo Elements Direct, when i press this part the cursor is not straight.
How can i change this? 

Creo Elements/Direct 20.2.1

EI_10453429_0-1726650909865.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Select all the part with a box (in fact, doing this, you select all the faces of the part):

KotomEng_0-1726852850008.png

Then click on "Move faces ...":

KotomEng_1-1726852950638.png

The part becomes blue because "Transform Objects" is checked (by default). This means that Modeling has automatically recognised that you have selected all the faces of the part and it propose you to move the part, not the faces of the part. This way is in fact the most common case when you select faces in an assembly with a box.

Since "Transform Objects" is checked, Modeling will move the part, not the faces.

KotomEng_2-1726853091482.png

To move the faces of the part, which is what highway45 is asking you, which is in fact modifying the geometry as he says (confusing because not noticeable, but the geometry will move in its coordinate system), uncheck "Transform Objects". The part becomes yellow, which means that its geometry will move:

KotomEng_3-1726853722784.png

Select the option of the "Move" menu to rotate the faces according to the measurement asked by ThomasKirkman.

Be careful!

By doing this, you have changed the geometry of the part, but it is not noticeable. The geometry has rotated in the coordinate system.

If this part is used elsewhere in the assembly, the part will look as moved.

If this part is used in another assembly which is not loaded in your session of Modeling, The part will look as moved as soon as somebody else will load this assembly.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I guess the part was turned in space after it was created.

Perhaps it was started inside an assembly, but when loaded alone, the cursor follows geometry.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

I didnt ask how the part ended up like this!
I ask how could i make it straight.
Thank you anyway

I have fixed things like this before.  I hope I can explain it clearly.

first, put a workplane on the face of the part.  The workplane will align itself to the pullstar you see in your picture.

Place a horizontal and vertical construction line on the workplane.

Measure the angle between one of the construction lines and the edge of the part you want going in the same direction.

Copy the angle when you measure it.

Select the face of the part.  Then rotate the face using the angle dimension you recorded.  The face will rotate , but the shape stays the same. Place a work plane on the face and see if it lines up properly.

Long steps, but it works.

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hello,

I understand the first steps of your explanation of getting the angle between the line and the edge of the part,
What i dont understant is after getting the angle what i need to do.

If i rotate the part with the angle value that i got, the cursor is going to rotate also.

I need to rotate the part but the cursor stay in the same position and i dont know how to do that.

Ed

You could turn around all geometry (not the part) if the wrong angle is known.

But when you then load the assembly the part has lost its position.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

Yes, but how? Im new to this software.... how do i do that?

Select all the part with a box (in fact, doing this, you select all the faces of the part):

KotomEng_0-1726852850008.png

Then click on "Move faces ...":

KotomEng_1-1726852950638.png

The part becomes blue because "Transform Objects" is checked (by default). This means that Modeling has automatically recognised that you have selected all the faces of the part and it propose you to move the part, not the faces of the part. This way is in fact the most common case when you select faces in an assembly with a box.

Since "Transform Objects" is checked, Modeling will move the part, not the faces.

KotomEng_2-1726853091482.png

To move the faces of the part, which is what highway45 is asking you, which is in fact modifying the geometry as he says (confusing because not noticeable, but the geometry will move in its coordinate system), uncheck "Transform Objects". The part becomes yellow, which means that its geometry will move:

KotomEng_3-1726853722784.png

Select the option of the "Move" menu to rotate the faces according to the measurement asked by ThomasKirkman.

Be careful!

By doing this, you have changed the geometry of the part, but it is not noticeable. The geometry has rotated in the coordinate system.

If this part is used elsewhere in the assembly, the part will look as moved.

If this part is used in another assembly which is not loaded in your session of Modeling, The part will look as moved as soon as somebody else will load this assembly.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Announcements

Top Tags