cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad won't download/run on my PC

LB_9826607
3-Visitor

Mathcad won't download/run on my PC

I am unable to download the Mathcad software I purchased onto my windows 10 computer. It gives me an error saying it cannot run on my PC which has a 64 bit operating system.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LB_9826607 wrote:

Hi Martin,

Originally, I had just clicked on the download button from my order confirmation email and then tried again to access my download from in the PTC Webstore. In using the link you provided, I still had no success in getting the software to install. However, I was at least met with an error I believe I can interpret. The problem seems to be my computer processor. I guess I need to take my PC to some hacker person to jailbreak it.

error message 3.png

Hi,

you need PC with 64-bit Intel/AMD processor and Windows 7/10 64-bit.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:LB_9826607)

@LB_9826607,

Which version of Mathcad you use? What is the exact error you receive? Please share snapshot of error.

Note:

1. Mathcad 15.0 M050 is supported on Windows 10 OS
  2. Mathcad Prime 4.0 until 6.0 are supported on Windows 10 OS

I purchased Mathcad Prime 6.0 Student Edition, and when I click download on the .exe file these two error messages pop up. 

error message 1.pngerror message 2.png

rghadge
15-Moonstone

@LB_9826607,

Based on your shared snapshot and my assumptions, suggesting below points:

1. Did you unzipped downloaded files before running *.exe? (if download is in compressed state)
  2. If you have unzipped downloads then, try running *.exe as Administrator (Right Mouse Click on exe > Run as Administrator)
  3. If downloaded files are corrupted, refer https://www.remosoftware.com/how-to-repair-corrupted-7zip-files to repair it and see if it helps (I googled for information)

I have tried all of these, and downloaded the software you recommended. I just get the same two error messages that pop up. At this point I have given up hope, and I just sadly lost my investment on a really great product that I can't run on my computer 😞 

rghadge
15-Moonstone

@LB_9826607,

Don't loose hope :).
Give a try by re-downloading. Mathcad Prime 6.0 should run on Windows 10 OS without any issues (at least should get installed)

Or try downloading on some other machine (if feasible for you).

@LB_9826607 wrote:

I have tried all of these, and downloaded the software you recommended. I just get the same two error messages that pop up. At this point I have given up hope, and I just sadly lost my investment on a really great product that I can't run on my computer 😞 

Hi,

did you dowload from https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp page using HTTPS link ?

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Originally, I had just clicked on the download button from my order confirmation email and then tried again to access my download from in the PTC Webstore. In using the link you provided, I still had no success in getting the software to install. However, I was at least met with an error I believe I can interpret. The problem seems to be my computer processor. I guess I need to take my PC to some hacker person to jailbreak it.

error message 3.png

rghadge
15-Moonstone

@LB_9826607,

My suggestion would be to try downloading Mathcad Prime 6.0 on some other machine (Windows 10 OS) and try to install it there. If it helps, then revert here.

Probably you can copy installed files from other machine to your machine and see if it helps.

And, if you can meanwhile fix your machine issue then, it would be great!

@LB_9826607 wrote:

Hi Martin,

error message 3.png

Hi,

you need PC with 64-bit Intel/AMD processor and Windows 7/10 64-bit.

Martin Hanák
rghadge
15-Moonstone

@LB_9826607,

Have you tired installing Mathcad Prime 6.0 on some other machine with 64-bit Intel/AMD processor and Windows 7/10 64-bit?

I had to stomach the fact that I had to buy yet another computer on a grad student salary, but yes now that I have the correct processor I can run Mathcad prime 6.0. Who knew science was so expensive? *sigh* 

Top Tags