cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Knowledge Base Search Broken?

jimh
5-Regular Member

Knowledge Base Search Broken?

Is it just me, or is the knowledge base search ignoring all of us?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:PeterCase)

Yep, it's working again.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

At least I have the same problem right now!

PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:jimh)

Hi @jimh and @DomenicLaritz. We're looking into this and are not currently aware of any issues on production Search.

To help with our investigation, could you please share some details of :

• Symptoms you're seeing including any error message(s)
  • The approximate time you see the problem
  • The browser you're using, and
  • Whether the problem still persists after a refresh with Ctrl + F5 ?

Many thanks in advance

jimh
5-Regular Member

Hello,

When I go into the knowledge base search, I just don't get any results.  No errors, just nothing returned.  Just to make sure it wasn't my search, I tries searching for "API" then "PDMLINK" and got no results.  

I tired with Edge and IE.

Refresh doesn't help.  

Please see attached files.  Seems to work on the old search page, but not from the support landing page.

You can see the phenomenon in the attached video.
I enter a search term and click on the magnifying glass. After that nothing happens except that the page reloads.
I have the problem only since yesterday (04-May-2020).
A "hard" refresh with Ctrl+F5 does not help.
I have tested with Firefox 75.0, Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge 44 - none of the browsers works.

Thank you, Domenic, for uploading the video - this helps a lot.

Our search team is investigating and will be in touch with you shortly. In the meantime, could you please let us know whether using the main search page https://support.ptc.com/search/Pages/results.aspx provides a workaround ? 

Hi Domenic, we've reproduced the problem and identified the root cause. Our systems team is working to address this and we should have a fix out today. I've just issued a Service Alert on the portal to let other customers know of the workaround.

Thank you for helping us to find the problem !

@DomenicLaritz , @jimh@OCMutz@BenLoosli ,

Thank you, all for working with us to help identify and address this issue. The script error causing the problem has now been corrected and pushed into production. In case you encounter any further issues when launching a search, please hard refresh the eSupport home page with Ctrl + F5.

Peter.

Hi @PeterCase,
i have just tested the search and can confirm that it works again (even without Ctrl+F5).
Thanks for the quick support!

jimh
5-Regular Member

Works for me as well!  Thanks!

OCMutz
10-Marble

Same effect on my side.

After entering a search term an hitting the search icon or enter, search text is deleted an no search results are displayed.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Working fine for me with Edge.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite

It appears to be broken again today.  The eSupport home, https://support.ptc.com/, returns 404 error in all browsers.

Hi @dhermosillo, our teams pushed code earlier today to introduce a new "Customer Home" Page to a limited subset of customers. Customers will have seen a 404 momentarily while we rolled out the code, but all should be restored now. We checked just now and the home pages (both the new Customer Home and eSupport Home), and the search feature on each seem to be working fine. Are you still seeing the problem now when you access www.ptc.com/support

Many thanks,

Peter.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite

Yep, it's working again.  Thanks!

I am having issues with search today - could this be a continuation of the same issue or another, related one?

Search always returns:

"Sorry, something went wrong"

(Show Details) shows:

One or more resource files failed to load. Please try your query again.

I've tried another browser - Ctrl+R, Ctrl+F5, disabling the cache in Google Chrome, but it's always the same. I just need to reach a document and I can't 😞

Hi @apriori-it , based on previous occurrences, some other things aside browser type and cache can cause this issue. Search is currently UP and not reporting any issues.

2 things worth investigating first:

- Network security restrictions or proxies. If possible, try from a different network such as home

- Ad Blockers (in particular uBlock Origin) can be overzealous, impeding search functions

@ytian, could you assist here with some further suggestions ?

apriori-it
4-Participant

Thank you Peter! It was uBlock origin. I allowed the site and now I can search without issues. I had tried both Chrome + Firefox but we have policy at work that puts uBlock in both of them so that hadn't helped initially 🙂

Great ! Happy to hear this helped and thanks for confirming.

Top Tags