cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Logging issues with the eSupport portal

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Logging issues with the eSupport portal

I thought I would log an issue I'm having with the eSupport portal during case creation.  eSupport is listed in the list of products so I assumed it would be straightforward to create a case for troubleshooting.  Nope.  It works fine to select eSupport as the product on the first screen but on the next screen where the case is actually created it's no longer a valid selection.

1st Page:

2nd Page:

It's too bad the 1st page doesn't limit the products displayed to the ones you're actually allowed to create cases for.  It's also disappointing that a case can't be created to improve the behavior of the case logger itself.  (ANY SCN should work to create eSupport Portal cases.) 

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Peter Case‌, is there a way to log a case against the eSupport Portal itself, or is this community group the only place to address issues with it?

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi Tom Uminn

We made changes in our model to respond to eSupport portal issues a while back and this Community Group is intended to be the place to report problems.

With the Community we're able to proactively broadcast to large audiences (for example the release blogs and the recent redirects issue with latest Firefox and Chrome). As issues which we've worked through for one customer are often applicable to others, making them public saves time and effort for all.

Sorry for the inconsistency in experience with the case logger. The "eSupport Portal" option should have been hidden from the UI, and I'll request that this is addressed.

Was the issue you wanted to report about the missing CPS / datecodes, or something else ?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Was the issue you wanted to report about the missing CPS / datecodes, or something else ?

Yes, I wanted to have someone look into the GUID mismatch.  Not necessarily something to work through on a public forum...

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi Tom Uminn

Understood and I shared the same concern when I saw latest responses to the April release blog.

Your issue is being handled internally, and we're waiting for a re-sync of data this afternoon before proceeding further.

Please could you email Vinod and myself directly with a screenshot of the case logger after the updates have been made (either this evening or tomorrow) and we'll take it from there ?

mearnest
1-Newbie

I'm having the same issue as of 3/6/2018. When will this be fixed?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Didn't do me a lot of good on this past weekend when none of the documents were available until the next day.

Top Tags