cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

New Case Tracker Issues

TomU
23-Emerald IV

New Case Tracker Issues

I was just trying out the new case tracker noticed two issues.

First, all of my older (but still open) cases have had their last updated dates modified even though no activity has occurred with them in a long time.  I'm not sure if this is symptom of the new case tracker implementation process or something else behind the scenes, but it's unfortunate.

TomU_0-1646166513289.png

Second, the sort filters at the top of each column only seem to apply to the current page, not the entire data set.  If I choose to sort the results by 'Last Modified', I expect all of the results to be put in that order, not just the ones displayed on the current page.

5 REPLIES 5
awijkmark
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Without any notice PTC upgrade the case tracker. Unfortunately its backfire.
More clicking and harder to get an overview now when each case are more than one row.

Not easy to select data in result table and copy to Excel, and when export to Excel the result is a disaster ( see picture )
Not easy to read result table, it cross over many pages, historically dates are destroyed thru this upgrade.

Please make it possible for customers to use "classic" case tracker mean while you fix first version bugs/gaps in the new case tracker.

awijkmark
10-Marble

Fully agree, new case tracker has some first version regression bugs/gaps and that will it very cumbersome for us customers.

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi @TomU and @awijkmark 

Thanks so much, both, for sharing valuable feedback on the new Case Tracker and I'm sorry to read that the new release of the Case Tracker has not met your expectations.

We've been closely monitoring comments shared using the feedback slider in the tool itself since release 2 weeks ago, and fixed an early/urgent issue with the "Opened With" filters, which were excluding License Management and Cloud cases.

For now the result set is showing cases opened with all PTC departments, and we plan to reintroduce the "Opened With" option very soon.

While we're working through this, and the other issues you've reported we'll add a link at the bottom right of the page to allow users to revert to the previous case tracker, as shown in the image below. We have this on test and it should appear on production in the next day or so.

PeterCase_1-1646319347551.png

@awijkmark , to keep everything in one place and encourage other users to share feedback, I've merged your thread "Backfire-on-the-new-case-tracker"  into this one and will respond to the issues you've raised here. I hope that's ok for you.

Responding to the items raised:

Release Communication
In addition to the Announcement on MyPTC homepage, this page contains release information and a short how-to video on the new Case Tracker. We'd encourage anyone who didn't get a chance to so far to read and watch this.

Export Options
Our previous Case Tracker offered export to CSV and .XLS. We removed .XLS as this is a legacy format used by Excel 97-2003 and retained CSV as the only export format for initial release.

PTC employees and customers have both shared that the CSV format has some inconveniences:

1. Users with regional settings which do not use a comma as list separator were seeing all case information shrunk into the first column on each line.

- Workaround: Control Panel # Region # Additional Settings # switch "List Separator" to comma.

2. Release formats were not showing correctly when viewed in Excel, for example "12.0" was auto-corrected in Excel to "12".

- Workaround: (In Excel): Use Data # Import Text / CSV and precision formatting shows correctly.

- Next steps: We're working on a change to add both tab-separated (TSV) and Excel (.XLSX) formats as convenient options for export in an upcoming version. With these additional options the intention is our users won't need to resort to copy-paste from a web page to Excel.

Sort Filters on "Last Modified"
We have a bug here which we missed in QA. @TomU , thanks for reporting. The sort order does attempt to sort across the active dataset, but is not ordering correctly. All other (alphabetic) sorting does apply to the entire dataset.

- Next steps: We will address this in the coming weeks. The fix will show cases chronologically or reverse chronologically.

Last Modified Date
This issue is data-specific and will unfortunately also be present in the old Case Tracker. A system update in our CRM marked last updated date of many cases as 13-August-2021. Pulling data from a different source revealed inaccuracies with case comments and attachments not triggering an increment and our teams are working to find a solution here.

- Next steps: We're considering switching "Last Modified" to "Created Date" temporarily in the Case Tracker while work to find a solution to the data issue is underway. I'll request a timeframe to solution from the CRM team and if more than a few weeks, will move forward with the switch to Created Date.

Results Pagination

The Case Tracker can potentially pull in 1000s of results (large accounts, all cases, all time) so we currently paginate @10 for performance and to make the page more manageable for users.
As the primary aim of the tool is to help users locate the case they need from a large dataset with sorting and filtering to quickly narrow down results.
A secondary aim is to cater for some level of "accounting", for example when an Account or a TSAM performs a review of cases for a given timeframe. To keep the UI fast and uncluttered, we're relying on the export to cover this need (and will improve those capabilities soon as noted above).
@awijkmark coming back to your request, once the most pressing issues above are resolved we'll explore options to add, and load-test a "Display results in one page" feature.

Once again, thanks for the helpful feedback.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

@PeterCase,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm concerned about this comment:

@PeterCase wrote:

We're considering switching "Last Modified" to "Created Date" temporarily in the Case Tracker while work to find a solution to the data issue is underway. I'll request a timeframe to solution from the CRM team and if more than a few weeks, will move forward with the switch to Created Date.

Please don't change the 'Created Date'.  'Modified Date' is already messed up and I don't want to see 'Created Date' get altered too.  'Created Date' is also what drives this column on the 'My Active Requests' table:

TomU_0-1646320076966.png

By the way, the new case tracker provides no ability to order cases by 'Created Date'.  Seems like this should be a column and sort option as well.

TomU_1-1646320237928.png

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi @TomU , sorry I don't think I explained myself well here. Swapping Last Modified with Created Date would not create any issues with the Created Date on cases. The root cause of the Last Modified issue isn't the new Case Tracker, but an automated data operation in the back end CRM system a while ago.

We'll hold off on changing anything here for now and focus on the data issue, so as to display accurate Last Modified dates in the Case Tracker.

Thanks,

Peter.

Top Tags