cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

SPR Viewer - Page Never Finishes Loading

TomU
23-Emerald IV

SPR Viewer - Page Never Finishes Loading

I'm not sure what else is supposed to be at the bottom of the SPR pages, but it never finishes loading.  This is all SPRs, across all browsers, and from all locations where I access ptc.com.

TomU_0-1606229756714.png

7 REPLIES 7
Jean-Christophe
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU, and thank you for reporting this issue.

The section that is supposed to load is the "related documents", in other words cases or articles linked to this SPR. I have just checked on my side and this seems to work, would you mind checking again to identify if this was a temporary outage or whether this is persistent?

Thank you.

--JC

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Jean-Christophe)

I just checked a couple of articles and it does finish loading now.  It is taking around 20 seconds after the rest of the page has already finished loading before the spinning wheel stops and the related articles section appears.

Jean-Christophe
13-Aquamarine

Thank you for the details, @TomU

I will report this issue internally and see if there is any way to improve the performance. I do not feel this is an urgent matter based on what you described, but let me know otherwise.

Hi @TomU and @Jean-Christophe

There have been some known performance issues with 3 of our tools running in the legacy environment for some time: SPR Tracker / SPR Viewer / Case Tracker.

We'll shortly be ready to announce a refresh in production of all these 3 tools - Case Tracker in the next month or so, and SPR Tracker / Viewer following close behind, all with much improved performance.

Watch this space,

Peter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

@PeterCase,

Here's an example of real-world performance with the existing case tracker page.  Definitely looking forward to a newer, faster loading version.  🙂

Initial page load:  (5 seconds)

TomU_0-1608561892458.png

Active cases returned:  (2.3 minutes)

TomU_1-1608561901137.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Jean-Christophe)

@Jean-Christophe,

It seems the problem is back, at least for me.  "sprrelateddocs.jsp" is timing out after 27 seconds.  Once it does that the little spinning picture just keeps spinning forever.  See video below.

Not urgent, just making sure you are aware.  Thanks.

Jean-Christophe
13-Aquamarine

Thank you, @TomU , and I am sorry to hear this. I will report it internally.

Top Tags