cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

appalling ptc support compared to igrafx

ptc-6225121
2-Guest

appalling ptc support compared to igrafx

A while back I bought a mathcad 15 license from a small uk engineering company who were moving location and disposing of filing cabinets containing lots of old software they hadn't used for years. The employee provided sufficient details of the company to uniquely identify my license. Despite this PTC Curstomer Services said they couldn't identify my license, relegating my disk to a coffee coaster. The other day I updated my copy of Igrafx Flowcharter. A very serous piece of software and company. Unfortunately the reseller hadn't packaged it well and it arrived shattered. Within 15 minutes Igrafx had emailed me back and provided a link with a download and new key for me. What a difference between PTC and Igrafx.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You had a right to that flowchart software since the way you explained it indicated you purchased it from a licensed reseller.  You did not buy Mathcad from PTC nor a licensed reseller.  Completely different situations and therefore you have not right to it as Ben posted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This thread was prompted by my receipt of yet another marketing email re CREO after I already told PTC about their very poor support and my subsequent lack of interest in their company.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6225121)

Maybe try reading the license agreement that comes with PTC software. 

1) The company only bought a right to use the software.

2) The software is non-transferable, with some exceptions. 

3) YOU did not obtain the software in a legal transaction with PTC approval.

Bottom line: YOU have no valid license of MathCAD 15!

That explains a lot and whilst PTC have the right to do that, it does seem very much in keeping with my above post. Thank you for the information,

You had a right to that flowchart software since the way you explained it indicated you purchased it from a licensed reseller.  You did not buy Mathcad from PTC nor a licensed reseller.  Completely different situations and therefore you have not right to it as Ben posted.

Top Tags