cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when Installing Creo Elements/Direct Modelling Express 8.0

DR_3939344
3-Visitor

Error message when Installing Creo Elements/Direct Modelling Express 8.0

I'm trying to upgrade Creo Elements/Direct Modelling Express 6.0 to 8.0.

When I run the Installation file it stops mid way with the following error "Internal Error 2754. soliddesigner.exe"

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to resolve?

3 REPLIES 3
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:DR_3939344)

Hi, PTC is aware of the issue.   We apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow this thread we will update accordingly.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Creo-Elements-Direct-Modeling-Express-Licensing-I...

FriedhelmK
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Hello "DR_3939344"
has the installation succeeded in the meantime?
I had various problems with the V8 and tried i under win 7, and you?
The upgrade v6 o v8 was canceled as with you but with a different message.I dont remember what.
Uninstalling the v6 and normal installation of the v8 worked, but the program dit not start.
I gave it up afterwards and deistalled v8 again.
Luckily I still had the old installation exe of the V6.
I don't think that's related to the license server as Jaime_Lee suspects.
Best regards, Friedhelm.

Hi. I've encountered the same error when trying to upgrade "Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express" from 6.0 to 8.0. It was on Windows 10. The only way I was able to workaround it, was to uninstall version 6.0 first and then doing a clean installation of version 8.0.

But even an uninstallation of the version 6.0 wasn't straightforward in my case. I got some weird error (I cannot remember) during the uninstallation process and CEDM Express wasn't really uninstalled. So I had to launch a setup package for the old CEDM Express 6.0, choose "Repair" option and only after that I could successfully uninstall it. From that point the installation of CEDM Express 8.0 succeeded without problems and it runs well.

BTW, I also think that this error has nothing to do with the license server issues mention by "Jaime_Lee". This error seems to be completely unrelated.

Announcements