cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error message when Installing Creo Elements/Direct Modelling Express 8.0

DR_3939344
3-Visitor

Error message when Installing Creo Elements/Direct Modelling Express 8.0

I'm trying to upgrade Creo Elements/Direct Modelling Express 6.0 to 8.0.

When I run the Installation file it stops mid way with the following error "Internal Error 2754. soliddesigner.exe"

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to resolve?

4 REPLIES 4
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:DR_3939344)

Hi, PTC is aware of the issue.   We apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow this thread we will update accordingly.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Creo-Elements-Direct-Modeling-Express-Licensing-Issue/m-p/731091#M105

Hello "DR_3939344"
has the installation succeeded in the meantime?
I had various problems with the V8 and tried i under win 7, and you?
The upgrade v6 o v8 was canceled as with you but with a different message.I dont remember what.
Uninstalling the v6 and normal installation of the v8 worked, but the program dit not start.
I gave it up afterwards and deistalled v8 again.
Luckily I still had the old installation exe of the V6.
I don't think that's related to the license server as Jaime_Lee suspects.
Best regards, Friedhelm.
(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi, 15 months have passed since this post and still having problems upgrading from 6.0 to 8.0. Dumped ouot of installation with "Internal Error 2753. soliddesigner.exe" message and no further help.

Hi. I've encountered the same error when trying to upgrade "Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express" from 6.0 to 8.0. It was on Windows 10. The only way I was able to workaround it, was to uninstall version 6.0 first and then doing a clean installation of version 8.0.

But even an uninstallation of the version 6.0 wasn't straightforward in my case. I got some weird error (I cannot remember) during the uninstallation process and CEDM Express wasn't really uninstalled. So I had to launch a setup package for the old CEDM Express 6.0, choose "Repair" option and only after that I could successfully uninstall it. From that point the installation of CEDM Express 8.0 succeeded without problems and it runs well.

BTW, I also think that this error has nothing to do with the license server issues mention by "Jaime_Lee". This error seems to be completely unrelated.

Top Tags