cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Getting booted out of WF5/Creo

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Getting booted out of WF5/Creo

In the last two days, when ever I go to save, it takes a really long time and then it crashes.

Looking at the std.err output, I have two lines that both read:

pm_is_portmapper_port_busy: bind failed, error = 10013

Any thought as to what may have changed to cause this?

Thanks, Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Somehow the .idx file got deleted.

Once this file was restored from backup. WF5/Creo acted fine.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I just found this:

pm_is_portmapper_port_busy: bind failed, error = 10013

What software do I need to disable?

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

In the std.out, I am getting the following message:

ERROR - G:\Engineering\PROE_DATA\A_A_Proengineer\config.pro, linenum 2 :  Keyword 'USE_8_PLOTTER_PINS' is not valid.

ERROR - G:\Engineering\PROE_DATA\A_A_Proengineer\config.pro, linenum 4 : Invalid value '1' for keyword 'POSTSCRIPT_LEVEL'.

ERROR - G:\Engineering\PROE_DATA\A_A_Proengineer\config.pro, linenum 7 :  Keyword 'CADAM_LINE_WEIGHTS' is not valid.

ERROR - G:\Engineering\PROE_DATA\A_A_Proengineer\config.pro, linenum 11:  Keyword 'SKETCHER_DEC_PLACES' is not valid.

Would any of this cause it and if so, how do I fix them.

Thanks, Dale

The first should be USE_8_PLOTTER_PENS.

The others I'd comment out in your config (use ! for a comment line) or remove them, however I doubt they are your problem.

Have you read through the TPIs listed in that KB article?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

I am good at IT, but I am not an IT geru. What is this one asking me to try?

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

The last one deals with Pro/Toolkit license and I am not sure if we have this license and the error are not the ones listed.

Thanks, Dale

Dale,

open Windows Task Manager window and activate Processes tab. Show processes of all users and look for portmapper.exe process (I am not sure about process name). Select process, press RMB and click Open File Location. Now you know where the file is located.

You can also run regedit and look for portmapper word to find another information.

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Using the Windows Task Manager, I could not find prtmapper.exe under the Process tab. It still booted me out of WF5/Creo during a save.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

One is about removing this from a Window NT or 2000 workstation - so I don't think this one is applicable.

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Somehow the .idx file got deleted.

Once this file was restored from backup. WF5/Creo acted fine.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I am having similar issues with crashes on every save that started yesterday afternoon, but the .idx file was not deleted this time.

Is there a way to recreate/redevelop this file from scratch. I am trying to figure out if it got corrupted somehow?

Thanks,

Dale

Hi,

file named directoryname.idx can be deleted anytime. Its only purpose is to display family table instance names in Open dialog box. You can recreate the file using File > Manage Session > Update Index command.

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Restored the .idx file from last Friday from a back up and we no longer crash.

Martin Hanak‌ - I couldn't recreate the .idx file because any time I tried to save, the software would crash.

I am going to save off the file that is working and recreate the index at the end of the day now that I can save.

Top Tags