cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How do you change color for solid edges in wireframe

pimm
14-Alexandrite

How do you change color for solid edges in wireframe

I would like to see all the edges in solid geometry but I see that the color for edges when in wireframe is white which is a terrible contrast for a white background.

I've searched config options under display.  I've also searched all the other areas of the Options setup.

This must be easily done, but I have no clue where to find this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock
(To:pimm)

Ah.

My wireframe follows the color the model is set to. Green solid equals green wireframe.

I don't know off hand if there is a setting for this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

File > Options > System Colors > 'Shaded Edge' at the bottom of the right hand column.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:DonSenchuk)

Don,

I do have the Shaded Edge as a reasonable color but when you go into the Wireframe display style it is evident that the edges for all solid geometry are white.

System Colors.JPG

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Ah.

My wireframe follows the color the model is set to. Green solid equals green wireframe.

I don't know off hand if there is a setting for this.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:DonSenchuk)

This is my mistake.  I am using a white colored solid.  If I use a different color the wireframe becomes that color.

I would prefer the edges be black, but at least I know I can control what I see.

saarj28
3-Visitor

Though, the thread says the question has been resolved but I feel we should explain in detail.

I faced the similar issue recently.  I selected the following steps and it worked 🙂 

>> Go to File>Option>Entity Display>Un-check "show colors assigned to model surface". See the snapshot attached. 

nkamal
5-Regular Member
(To:saarj28)

Hello guys,

I know it's too late, but I just noticed that turning off "Anti-Aliasing" also gives a good edge display in "No Hidden" viewing mode.

Cheers

Top Tags