cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I am unable to update a drawing parameter in creo with vba. Suggestions?

abegarly
4-Participant

I am unable to update a drawing parameter in creo with vba. Suggestions?

I am unable to update a drawing parameter in creo with excel vba.  I can retrieve and change a 'BaseParameter.TextValue' according to vba, but the parameter doesn't change on the drawing or in the parameters window.  Have also tried updating/saving with no luck. Any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adam, here is my VB.NET code for writing to a model param (i dont have any code for writing to a drawing param, but i guess it should be quite similar)

PDUtils refers to a set of functions (PDUtils.vb) that i copied from the vbparam example included in the Creo installation.

' Get type

Dim type As String = PDUtils.getTypeFromParam(CType(param, IpfcBaseParameter).Value)

' Create value

paramValue = PDUtils.createParamValue(param_value, type)

' Set value

CType(param, IpfcBaseParameter).Value = paramValue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Adam, here is my VB.NET code for writing to a model param (i dont have any code for writing to a drawing param, but i guess it should be quite similar)

PDUtils refers to a set of functions (PDUtils.vb) that i copied from the vbparam example included in the Creo installation.

' Get type

Dim type As String = PDUtils.getTypeFromParam(CType(param, IpfcBaseParameter).Value)

' Create value

paramValue = PDUtils.createParamValue(param_value, type)

' Set value

CType(param, IpfcBaseParameter).Value = paramValue

abegarly
4-Participant
(To:huggre)

Hugo, Thank you for your suggestion.

have you ran into an instance where you were trying to update the value of an existing parameter?  The parameter I am trying to update is text so I think I can pass it directly as a string. So far the variable updates and the Creo data does not, visibly anyway.  I will review the vb.net code for PDUtils, I had it up yesterday.

In Solidworks I was never able to get variables (the Creo version of parameters) to update either; I had to delete and recreate them.

Here is how I update parameters using Excel:

Sub AddValuez()

'TITLE1 is the name of the parameter I am updating

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim asynconn As New pfcls.CCpfcAsyncConnection

Dim conn As pfcls.IpfcAsyncConnection

Dim session As pfcls.IpfcBaseSession

Dim model1 As IpfcModel

Dim mdlname

Dim paramOwn As IpfcParameterOwner

Dim Moditem As New CMpfcModelItem

Dim ipTITLE1 As IpfcParameter

Dim ipbTITLE1 As IpfcBaseParameter

Dim pnTITLE1 As String

Dim TITLE1nv As IpfcParamValue

pnTITLE1 = "TITLE1"

'Connect

Set conn = asynconn.Connect("", "", ".", 5)

Set session = conn.session

Set model1 = session.CurrentModel

Set solid = model1

Set paramOwn = model1

Set Powner = model1

Set ipTITLE1 = paramOwn.GetParam(pnTITLE1)

Set ipbTITLE1 = ipTITLE1

'Sheets("Parameters").Range("B48").Value is where the value is housed.

Set TITLE1nv = Moditem.CreateStringParamValue(Sheets("Parameters").Range("B48").Value)

ipbTITLE1.Value = TITLE1nv

End Sub

Top Tags