cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Internet Explorer 11 issues with Creo embedded browser

jfrankovich
10-Marble

Internet Explorer 11 issues with Creo embedded browser

Has anyone experienced scripting errors in the embedded browser of Creo 2.0 after updating to Internet Explorer 11? I just saw my first case today. Debugging settings and registry edits don't appear to resolve the issue. Removal of IE11 is the only option.

John Frankovich
The GSI Group LLC
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
14 REPLIES 14

Did your system auto-update, or did you update it yourself. I'm asking
because our IT group told me there are many upgrades coming this week.
I'd prefer to head this off.

Mark Steffke

Engineering System Administrator

The Delfield Company

Manitowoc Foodservice

T 989.775.9215 or 989.773.7981, ext 12484

Integrity, Commitment to Stakeholders, and Passion for Excellence

As PTC has not tested or support IE 11, let alone IE 10, you will need to uninstall it.

To prevent yourself from getting the update, search for the IE 11 blocker tool from Microsoft. Follow the instructions to download and install it. It adds a registry entry to not automatically install the update, although a user could still install it manually. There is a blocker for IE 10 also, and Microsoft issues the blockers for each new version of IE.

Mark Plimley
PLM Architect
Certified in Windchill MCAD Data Management
MarkP@NxRev.com<">mailto:MarkP@NxRev.com>
NxRev Inc.
Product Development Solutions
3375 Scott Blvd. Suite 306
Santa Clara, CA 95054

FWIW, we are on Creo Elements Pro 5.0 M130 & WC 10.0 M020 and had a user self-updated to IE11 today. He got the script errors as well. Rolling back to IE10 fixed it. I have heard no other complaints here so I dont think it was an autoupdate issue. Yet...

FYI IE 11 was part of an autoupdate package that the user got this week. I have not seen this particular update installed from any other users with autoupdates, so far.

As far as IE10, we have not had any issues with it since addressing an initial Javascript coding issue.

John

Or you could just ignore IE and use Mozilla for your embedded browser instead . Works a treat.

Paul

PTC Support suggested to me to use:

windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser

in my config.pro for Creo 2.0 M030. This is working well at our site so far for about 5 users.

Have you have a user crash yet with a model open? There is a bug that wont let you get past the retrieve screen upon reopening Creo. FYI

Case Details - 10935042
Case Information
Case Assignee

Vidya Vadakoot

Status

SPR Filed

Severity

Severity 1 - Business Critically Impacted

Escalation Status

M0

Date Created

06-Aug-2012

Date Last Updated

24-Oct-2013

Date Solution Provided

ITAR

No

Product Information
Product

Windchill PDMLink

Release

Datecode

M030

Technical Area

Interaction with Creo Parametric & Pro/ENGINEER

Issue Information
Short Description

If Creo crashes and I get the Retrieval Screen i CAN NOT get back into Creo. The window is not clickable.

Symptoms

If Creo crashes and I get the Retrieval Screen i CAN NOT get back into Creo. The window is not clickable.

Steps to Reproduce

Error Messages / Warnings

Reason for Closure

Status Details

11/1
Issue was reproduced in house and SPR 2155552 is filed
10/26
Issue is specific to certain config.prop options which connect to Windchill
TSE trying to reproduce the issue

Related Documents

Type

Number

Description

SPR

2155552<">https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2155552>

Cannot click on Retrieve or Continue or Close(x) button in the 'Retrieval' window on starting Creo Parametric after a crash when Windows_browser_type is selected to Mozilla_based_browser

Case History

Comment created by Vidya Vadakoot (PTC) on 24-Oct-2013 14:20:40 EDT
R/D updates that the issue is not reproducible in pre- production builds of Creo 3.0 in internal testing.

We have been encounting these same script errors on some test PC's that were upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 (from IE7 or IE8).
We are using Creo Elements Pro (aka: Wildfire 5) M150 with Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060.
PTC's knowledgebase says that we need to go back to IE8, or upgrade Windchill to 10.x.

Can we force the embedded Mozilla browser to use our proxy, and lock out the end-user from disabling/changing the proxy settings?. (Windows 7 Pro)

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to John Frankovich:

Has anyone experienced scripting errors in the embedded browser of Creo 2.0 after updating to Internet Explorer 11? I just saw my first case today. Debugging settings and registry edits don't appear to resolve the issue. Removal of IE11 is the only option.

John Frankovich
The GSI Group LLC

Hi Gerry,

IE11 is not scheduled to be supported until the approximate timeframe of August 2014. I've had several talks with PTC regarding this.

We are on WC10.1 M040 and the IE11 issue is scheduled to be supported only with Windchill 10.2. I know WC10.1 M050 introduced support for Windows 8.1, which has IE11 by default, but that is scheduled to roll out at PTC's 2014Q3 2014.

We, unfortunately, do not have the luxury of uninstalling IE11, so embedded mozilla browser is our only option for the time being,which seems to require regular internalbrowser cache clearing.

Has anyone any success using compatibiliy mode or developer tools (F12)?

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

We have been encounting these same script errors on some test PC's that were upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 (from IE7 or IE8).
We are using Creo Elements Pro (aka: Wildfire 5) M150 with Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060.
PTC's knowledgebase says that we need to go back to IE8, or upgrade Windchill to 10.x.

Can we force the embedded Mozilla browser to use our proxy, and lock out the end-user from disabling/changing the proxy settings?. (Windows 7 Pro)

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to John Frankovich:

John Frankovich
The GSI Group LLC

There is a new option in M100 I believe that can force ie 9 compatibility even if using IE11.

Browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes

Limits Internet explorer to IE9 standards mode even if higher version is installed.

My understanding is that

PTC's browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes and MS's compatibility mode (can be set by URL in IE11) seem to be synonymous with 32 bit.

If so, this would require 32 bit Java and associated 32 bit Java browser plugins installed, even on 64 bit machines.

Many IT organizations when configuring 64 bit machines only install 64 bit Java.

-Marvin

On 05/20/14 12:19, Gerry Champoux wrote:
>
> My understanding is that browser_limit_to_ie9_mode applies only to Creo Parametric 2 only.
> In Creo Elements Pro (M180) this config option is invalid.
> Does anyone know if it is valid in a later build?
>

Still invalid in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M220.

>
> In Reply to Andrew Hermanson:
>
> There is a new option in M100 I believe that can force ie 9 compatibility even if using IE11.
>
> Browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes
>
> Limits Internet explorer to IE9 standards mode even if higher version is installed.
>
> From: Gerry Champoux [
Top Tags