cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Reinstalling Pro-E

DanielMcWherter
1-Newbie

Reinstalling Pro-E

I upgraded to windows 7 and I lost the functionality of my Pro-E program. The program files are still in the windows.old folder but I don't know how I can reinstall the program. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

hi daniel,

IF u have upgraded to windows 7 then u have to get the setup file for this W7

Login PTC >support>product support centre>Pro/E>Order or Download Software Updates>download software using SON>download the software for windows 7

You can probably just run it from where it is or copy the files into your new C:\Program Files dir. Just go to the loadpoint/bin folder & find the batch file that starts Pro/E (default is proe1.bat but could be anything). Put a shortcut to the batch file on you desktop or start menu or where ever you like it. Pro/E does not need any registry entries, DLL's or any of the other Windoze BS to run. It does have to be able to reach your license server but that probably has not changed.

Daniel,

I am not sure, but...

If your PC is also license server for ProE (commercial license), then:

1.] Look into Task Manager for processes lmgrd.exe and ptc_d.exe.

2.] If these processes are missing, then you have to install FLEXnet license manager on your PC.

Martin

Martin Hanák
Top Tags