cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Show Model Annotations default setting...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Show Model Annotations default setting...

I am on Creo 2, date code M030. I searched around a bit, even here, and couldn't find where to set the show model annotations default behavior to "SHOW NONE".Seems like out of the box it's set to "SHOW ALL", and I find myselfconsistentlyhaving to switch this to "SHOW NONE". (That's the right button under the list of show items in the popup.) This used to be an issue with WF, then PTC relented and gave us a config option to set the behavior. Hopefully, they did not "loose" this...

thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

There is the "display_annotations" config option have you checked that? Looks like the default is yes.
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:pdkoren)

Paul,

I am sure that they (PTC) did not lose that option.

Michael P. Locascio

Paul - Did this advice solve your query as I'm trying the figure out the same question with Creo3.

"display_annotations" config option NO isn't working for me

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ShaunDuggan)

Maybe you are thinking show_preview_default and the setting should be REMOVE

I've checked and this setting is already set to "remove *"

mender
6-Contributor

Double-checked that show_preview_default defaults to remove, that when it is set to remove, in the Show Model Annotations dialog, the default is show none / all unchecked, and that when it is set to keep, then the default is show all / all checked.  Was checking in M200.  I don't see any changes to this behavior offhand in the Creo 2 MORs, but I've only done a quick scan. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Just to verify we are talking about the same thing, the show_preview_default controls the the show model annotations display toggle as seen in the image.

It's possible you are referring to something else and I misunderstood in my answer.

show model annotations display toggle is what I'm trying to change the default setting.  I've checked my config setting and show_preview_default is set to remove.

When in a drawing and I select 'show model annotations' I get what is show below, so each time I currently click on the uncheck box, I would just prefer it if was always automatically unchecked by default.

show_anno.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Wait. So when you do a find on an option, it shows you what the default value is (denoted by the asterisk), in this case the default is REMOVE.

Don't do a find, scroll down to the option in the list, you'll find it is actually set to KEEP.

Thank you - all sorted now.

I didn't realise the find option was not the 'active value'

Top Tags