cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

error -609 in unattanded installation

DB_9942691
3-Visitor

error -609 in unattanded installation

hi @all,

we're trying to create an unattended installation package for creo 7.0.4.0,

but after it run on first installation without problems, on second run setup.exe it brings return code -609 (although it was uninstalled before properly)

do you need further informations and which?

machines are windows 10 1909.

thanks and regards

Dom 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

got it now! in my case, this return code -609 was caused by a service which wasn't uninstalled in automated way before:

"PTC Creo 7 Platform Services" wasn't uninstalled correctly and prevented a new installation. 

regards

Dom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@DB_9942691 wrote:

hi @all,

we're trying to create an unattended installation package for creo 7.0.4.0,

but after it run on first installation without problems, on second run setup.exe it brings return code -609 (although it was uninstalled before properly)

do you need further informations and which?

machines are windows 10 1909.

thanks and regards

Dom 

Hi,

1.] please describe, what is unattended installation ... is it mentioned in Installation and Administration Guide ?

2.] ask PTC Support, too

Martin Hanák

hi, thanks for the reply!

with an unattanded installation I meant call the setup.exe and add via parameters the path to the xml files which were created with a manual installation with the desired settings
like c:\ccmcache\xx\setup.exe -xmlall c:\ccmcache\xx\xml 
this is one of the options in installation and administration guide... page 140 and following, especially page 145

good idea, i didn't thought about creating a support case... i will check how to, thank you

but i'll let this topic open, if somebody had the same problem or an solution... i will also add a note, if i got an answer by support

regards

Dom

"Open a Support Case": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/case-logger 

got it now! in my case, this return code -609 was caused by a service which wasn't uninstalled in automated way before:

"PTC Creo 7 Platform Services" wasn't uninstalled correctly and prevented a new installation. 

regards

Dom

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags