Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home-use licenses

Re: home-use licenses

Right, we have that issue here which is why I transferred a license to the manager's personal laptop for his use away from the office.

I stand corrected on the home-use compatibility issue, as Martin has explained, the files should be transferrable.

However, the fact that home-use licenses are ONLY available with subscription-based licenses means that we will NEVER get home-use licenses here. The cost of converting is too expensive. Our Mathcad licenses are subscription and they do have the home-use licenses included when we get new license files.

Good news, it's not just subscription, looking at the terms pdf, it's for either subscription or for perpetual (with active support)

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Stephen,

in case of Creo home use licenses are provided for subscription licenses, only. See PDF again.

MH

Martin Hanák

Seems odd but I see the line at the bottom. Why do they say it can be used with a perpetual license (with support) if they only provide it for subscription licenses??

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

Martin Hanák

Hello.

We are looking to add subscription license, which will also give us 2 home licenses. One of those would be installed on home workstation laptop. Occasionally, this laptop will be brought to work to check work done, which means it will be on the same network as "master license". If connected to internet it will be communication from the same IP address. Is this a problem for PTC ?

Thanks

Hi,

I would also like to know the answer to this question ...

You can open Case at PTC Support and ask them the same question.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I asked PTC Support two questions ... Q1 and Q2 and received answers ... see below.

Q1: Can I bring my personal laptop to the office and attach it to company's network and transfer data ?
A1: Yes, this can be possible.

Q2: Can I bring my personal laptop to the office and attach it to company's network and launch Creo using Home license ?
A2: No, if the computer is linked to company’s network it should use the license server of the company and the Home use license should be used only when the computer is not linked to a network.

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin!

I think it is a stupid policy, but nonetheless good to know.

Kind regards

Hi Martin

Do you know what installer to use (standard install, academic version or demo installer) ?

Regards

Bernard

Announcements