cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Create a template for mashups

fmanniti
9-Granite

Create a template for mashups

Hi, I would like to know if is there some thing like templates for mashups.

If I have 3 mashups which have a lot of common features (like layout, background color, styles...) is it possible to create a sort of template so, if I want to change the common features, I can only do it once instead of each time?

I've seen there is something like mashup templates and shapes but I didn't get how they work and if they are for this purpose

3 REPLIES 3
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:fmanniti)

Hello Fabio Manniti​,

Yes, it is called Master - you can then create the common layout sections (e.g. header, sidebar).

a1.png

The layout can be choosen when creating a new Master entity:

a2.png

Then all you need to remember is to go to you mashup and set the Master in the Mashup properties.

a3.png

From the perspective of styles, background colors and so - no, there is no OOTB possibility to configure that since StyleDefinition parameters are not boundable in widgets.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

J.

Hi Fabio,

There isn't mashup templates, but you can "componetize" mashups and embed mashups inside mashups with the "Contained Mashup" widged and parametrize this Embeded mashups as to change features.

Carles.

Maybe this could be in a different context but there is a way to create a mashup of type Thing Template, but with that why we are not able to select the master as well, I mean there is no selection of master mashup with that type.

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Top Tags