cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Import failed

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Import failed

I am repeatedly getting this error in application log while importing project. And the import is getting failed. It is pointing " [1,018] " for media, users, modeltags as well. How to rectify this?

1. Unable to process import: Unable to update user: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]
2. [message: Unable to Invoke Service ImportSourceControlledEntities on SourceControlFunctions : Import Failed: Unable to update user: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi,

when you observe message "Unable to update user: [1,018] Data store unknown error", you have to restart tomcat. After that, you can try to import files.

Regards,

Latha

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

when you observe message "Unable to update user: [1,018] Data store unknown error", you have to restart tomcat. After that, you can try to import files.

Regards,

Latha

AP_9587236
17-Peridot
(To:vi1)

It is working now @vi1. But Importing project doesn't import DataTables right. But In my case it replaced all the DataTables(with data) to empty DataTables. 

Now I have to export each and every DataTable through source control and import individually(from file, type-data) to get all the datas in DataTable. 

1. How to stop replacing with empty dataTables?

2. Any other ways to export and import all datatables with all the datas? 

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

You have to import Datatables data separately. In Import, select file->File type as "Data"->browse Datatable file ".twx". After selecting ".twx" file, click on import . You can see datatable entries after successful. You have to do one by one for all the datatables.

Regards,

Latha

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Okay Thanks. But while importing the project, the datatables(with datas) are getting replaced with empty datatables(zero datas). why? what is the solution for this ?

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Datatable entries will not import when import the project. We have to do separately data after import all the entities. This is process.

Regards,

Latha

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

We can import datatables first, then we can import project also right?? 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

Can you provide more details of your import procedure? You shouldn't have to import each datatable individually.

One question we have is whether anything is changing in the datatable entity, such as the data shape, between the one you're overwriting vs. the one you're overwriting it with?

What version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

I am using thingworx 8.5.4. 

There is no changes between the datatable entities of both server. 

Right now iam exporting datatables separately using (to file, single data, datatables option) and import (from file, data, file repository, browse) to get the values in it. I am doing this export/import one by one for all datatables.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

I recommend we open a case for this issue assuming you have a support contract.  If so, please let me know if you would like me to open the case on your behalf.  You'll need to provide your customer number and corporate email address (under private message).

Regards.

--Sharon

Thanks ill let you know.

Top Tags