cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Importing the Analytics Extension fails

ajackson
1-Newbie

Importing the Analytics Extension fails

I'm trying to import the Analytics Extension 7.4 into Thingworx 7.4 I get an error

mathcadconnector-extension:7.4.0Import Failed: Unable to update vocabulary [ TW ]: Vocabulary TW not found

The others appear to be imported but then when I proceed to the next step of the installation guide there is no Thing called TW_ML_Configuration

Not sure where to go from here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:ajackson)

Andrew,

I am confirming that this is a known issue with MS-SQL in conjunction with Analytics Extension.

Postgres will worked as an alternate DB when importing the Extension.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
posipova
20-Turquoise

John GreinerNeel Sampat​ do you guys have any suggestions?

nsampat
17-Peridot

Thank you Polina Osipova for pinging us.

@AndrewJackson Can you confirm your ThingWorx Foundation installation version? Also, can you confirm what version of the Extension you downloaded? The error code you are experiencing leads me to believe you are trying to install Analytics Extension to an older version of ThingWorx Foundation.

There is a compatibility requirement for the installation which can be found here

You can find the download links here to obtain the correct version of Analytics Extension

As I said  I have Thingworx Foundation 7.4.0-b159 and I'm installing ThingWorx-Analytics-7.4.0-Extension.zip

nsampat
17-Peridot

Thank you for confirming, I'm sorry I do not see the build/version numbering in your original post, so I just wanted to confirm.

For your environment, can you provide the OS of your Foundation server? Are you using MS-SQL DB in conjunction with your ThingWorx Foundation server?

Windows Server 2012 R2 and yes we're using MS SQL Server Express 2014

nsampat
17-Peridot

Andrew,

Thank you for confirming that information.

This is a known issue currently in review by our development team. I will respond to this thread once an update is available.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neel

Thanks for letting me know. Can I just confirm, is this a known issue with using MS SQL Server or running on Windows? If I build a new server with Windows 2012 R2 and Postgres would it work?

nsampat
17-Peridot

Andrew,

I am confirming that this is a known issue with MS-SQL in conjunction with Analytics Extension.

Postgres will worked as an alternate DB when importing the Extension.

Regards,

Neel

Ok, thanks for getting back to me.

nsampat
17-Peridot

Andrew,

I want to inform you that this bug has been resolved in the 8.0 Release.

If you choose to use a ThingWorx Platform Core 8.0 server with a MS-SQL server backbone, you will now be able to import ThingWorx Analytics Extensions 8.0.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags