cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mail Server couldn't connect. Not getting configuration?

DKinlough
6-Contributor

Mail Server couldn't connect. Not getting configuration?

Hello,

I have recently imported the Mail Server Extension (v3.4) in to Thingworx v9.

Configuration of the inherited Thing is:

SMTP Server name configured, SMTP Server Port 25, no authentication

When manually invoking the SendMessage Service I get the following error message:

Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on MailServerThing : Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 80; timeout 30000

This says to me that it's still trying to connect to SMTP server on the local machine through port 80, despite the configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DKinlough
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Update.

After installing the latest version, restarting the Server cleared the error above.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DKinlough
6-Contributor
(To:DKinlough)

OK, so I upgraded the extension to v3.6 and am now getting.

ErrorCode(3592ead1-52d2-4fc4-b846-e66318a8b506), Cause(null), Reason(Access was attempted on a null reference variable.), Possible Resolutions(Remove the reference to the null variable within your extension code.)

rvecchiato
13-Aquamarine
(To:DKinlough)

Hi @DKinlough ,

I have gone through the same problem. Looks like the old version is not working anymore on TW 9.0 because the initialization method has a different signature.

Before TW 9.0: 

protected void initializeThing() 

From TW 9.0+: 

protected void initializeThing(ContextType contextType) throws Exception {

I am attaching the updated extension but it is not covered by any license and it's not official.

rvecchiato
13-Aquamarine
(To:rvecchiato)

Please have a look to the official extension shared in the PTC support website on the download software page for TW 9:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=TWX

in the group "ThingWorx Mail Extension".

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rvecchiato)

Hi @DKinlough.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon 

DKinlough
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Update.

After installing the latest version, restarting the Server cleared the error above.

Thanks

Top Tags