cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mail Server couldn't connect. Not getting configuration?

DKinlough
6-Contributor

Mail Server couldn't connect. Not getting configuration?

Hello,

I have recently imported the Mail Server Extension (v3.4) in to Thingworx v9.

Configuration of the inherited Thing is:

SMTP Server name configured, SMTP Server Port 25, no authentication

When manually invoking the SendMessage Service I get the following error message:

Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on MailServerThing : Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 80; timeout 30000

This says to me that it's still trying to connect to SMTP server on the local machine through port 80, despite the configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DKinlough
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Update.

After installing the latest version, restarting the Server cleared the error above.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DKinlough
6-Contributor
(To:DKinlough)

OK, so I upgraded the extension to v3.6 and am now getting.

ErrorCode(3592ead1-52d2-4fc4-b846-e66318a8b506), Cause(null), Reason(Access was attempted on a null reference variable.), Possible Resolutions(Remove the reference to the null variable within your extension code.)

rvecchiato
13-Aquamarine
(To:DKinlough)

Hi @DKinlough ,

I have gone through the same problem. Looks like the old version is not working anymore on TW 9.0 because the initialization method has a different signature.

Before TW 9.0: 

protected void initializeThing() 

From TW 9.0+: 

protected void initializeThing(ContextType contextType) throws Exception {

I am attaching the updated extension but it is not covered by any license and it's not official.

rvecchiato
13-Aquamarine
(To:rvecchiato)

Please have a look to the official extension shared in the PTC support website on the download software page for TW 9:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=TWX

in the group "ThingWorx Mail Extension".

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rvecchiato)

Hi @DKinlough.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon 

DKinlough
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Update.

After installing the latest version, restarting the Server cleared the error above.

Thanks

Announcements

Top Tags