cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Syntax errors on running twPostgresDBSetup.sh

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

Syntax errors on running twPostgresDBSetup.sh

I have setup the Postgres DB in Red Hat Linux Machine. I have also followed all steps as mentioned in the pdf : http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/170230/en/Installing_ThingWorx_7.1_1.2.pdf

But while running the TW Postgres DB setup script mentioned in step 14, I am getting syntax errors.

Please let me know how to resolve the issue. The Thingworx, ThingworxPostgresqlStorage and ThingworxPlatform have been created in the same location as mentioned in the document

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-4055796)

Running the following two commands from postgres bin directory showed that there were some rpms from 8.4 postgres installation in the OS path. Removing them resolved the issue.

./psql postgres

\set

\q

psql -q -h localhost -U twadmin -p 5432 -v database=thingworx -v tablespace=thingworx -v tablespace_location=/app/navigate/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage -v username=twadmin

\set

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:rkandasamy)

What are the actual errors?

I am getting syntax errors - syntax error at or near ‘:’ when i am running the script for all cases like creating tablespaces, database,etc.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:rkandasamy)

To me that sounds like there is an error in one of the files you had to customize.

I am getting the same error. I have customized any thing and running the installer as is. Any idea how to proceed?

Sorry. I meant I have not customized anything.

Was the issue resolved for you?

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-4055796)

Running the following two commands from postgres bin directory showed that there were some rpms from 8.4 postgres installation in the OS path. Removing them resolved the issue.

./psql postgres

\set

\q

psql -q -h localhost -U twadmin -p 5432 -v database=thingworx -v tablespace=thingworx -v tablespace_location=/app/navigate/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage -v username=twadmin

\set

Top Tags