cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Syntax errors on running twPostgresDBSetup.sh

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

Syntax errors on running twPostgresDBSetup.sh

I have setup the Postgres DB in Red Hat Linux Machine. I have also followed all steps as mentioned in the pdf : http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/170230/en/Installing_ThingWorx_7.1_1.2.pdf

But while running the TW Postgres DB setup script mentioned in step 14, I am getting syntax errors.

Please let me know how to resolve the issue. The Thingworx, ThingworxPostgresqlStorage and ThingworxPlatform have been created in the same location as mentioned in the document

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-4055796)

Running the following two commands from postgres bin directory showed that there were some rpms from 8.4 postgres installation in the OS path. Removing them resolved the issue.

./psql postgres

\set

\q

psql -q -h localhost -U twadmin -p 5432 -v database=thingworx -v tablespace=thingworx -v tablespace_location=/app/navigate/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage -v username=twadmin

\set

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:rkandasamy)

What are the actual errors?

I am getting syntax errors - syntax error at or near ‘:’ when i am running the script for all cases like creating tablespaces, database,etc.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:rkandasamy)

To me that sounds like there is an error in one of the files you had to customize.

I am getting the same error. I have customized any thing and running the installer as is. Any idea how to proceed?

Sorry. I meant I have not customized anything.

Was the issue resolved for you?

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-4055796)

Running the following two commands from postgres bin directory showed that there were some rpms from 8.4 postgres installation in the OS path. Removing them resolved the issue.

./psql postgres

\set

\q

psql -q -h localhost -U twadmin -p 5432 -v database=thingworx -v tablespace=thingworx -v tablespace_location=/app/navigate/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage -v username=twadmin

\set

Announcements

Top Tags