cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Unable to Resolve Cors in Angular 1 and Thingworx

aarushi_mittal2
11-Garnet

Unable to Resolve Cors in Angular 1 and Thingworx

Hello All,

I am trying to access my temperature sensor reading from my hosted ThingWorx server(which is in trial period). I am able to do so successfully using Postman.

Kindly also note that I am behind corporate proxy.

However, I am unable to access the sensor readings from a hosted angular 1 js web application(Azure VM). I repeatedly get CORS error.

I a not able to understand why this error doesn't arise from postman or my node-red flow.

Kindly suggest how can it be resolved.

Regards,

Aarushi

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Aarushi,

I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this post.

Looking into this issue further the CORS error seems to be common in situations where ThingWorx was not explicitly configured to allow access.

Since this is a hosted ThingWorx environment you will need to open up a PTC Support ticket that requests our Cloud Team follow the procedures noted in the following article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS229450

You can open a support ticket by clicking here and proceeding to login. Please ensure that you reference the specific hosted instance you are working on as well as the domain you want CORS to be enabled for.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Hello Tyler,

I am using a hosted server on TW trial account that is about to o off in 7 days.

Also I am not able to open up a PTC support ticket as I get this 

Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges

Kindly suggest next steps.

Regards,

Aarushi

Hello Aarushi,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I must have missed the notification which indicated you had replied on this thread.

Were you able to get a new trail instance or an extension on the current one? If so and you are still facing a requirement for CORS I can work to open up a case on your behalf to request this configuration be implemented for you.

I will need your ThingWorx URL and the domains you would like to be marked as allowed for CORS.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

Technical Support Engineer

Top Tags