cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Use Thingworx API to store data in InfluxDB

Lo_ry96
7-Bedrock

Use Thingworx API to store data in InfluxDB

hello,

I have Thingworx platform in my work place that uses Kepserver layer to collect data from machines , store it in MSSQL DB and then use Thingworx web application to visualize data. 

I have the idea of using Grafana as visualization tool instead thingworx mash ups (more convenient to business) . What is the architecture suited to this need? I'm thinking about using API calls to populate an influxDB and then querry this DB in Grafana. 

Any ideas on this ? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lo_ry96,

I have done this before for another use case. Below are the steps:

1. Add Influx as the Secondary Persistence Provider in Thingworx
  2. Create a value stream, while the creation of a Value stream selects the Secondary Persistence Provider instead of "ThingworxPersistenceProvider":
    pshashipreetham_0-1717093968453.png
  3. Then assign the value stream you have created to a Thing
  4. Create the Properties and check the log while creating the Property
  5. Once the Log is checked, when data comes to the property it gets stored in the Influx DB

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Lo_ry96)

Take a look:

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Hi thanks for shared info. Any ressources/ides on how to perform GET requests to fetch data from Thingworx? i'm turning around since a while as i'm starter to Thingworx platform so any guidance is appreciated 

Many thanks 

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Lo_ry96)

Hello @Lo_ry96

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Hi @Lo_ry96,

I have done this before for another use case. Below are the steps:

1. Add Influx as the Secondary Persistence Provider in Thingworx
  2. Create a value stream, while the creation of a Value stream selects the Secondary Persistence Provider instead of "ThingworxPersistenceProvider":
    pshashipreetham_0-1717093968453.png
  3. Then assign the value stream you have created to a Thing
  4. Create the Properties and check the log while creating the Property
  5. Once the Log is checked, when data comes to the property it gets stored in the Influx DB

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags