cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

datashape changing dynamic

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

datashape changing dynamic

Hi,

Whenever a datashape is created from a sql query it becomes static. If I make any changes in the query like adding a new column or removing I have to again create a new datashape. But is it possible that the datashape becomes dynamic and adjusts according to the query whenever it is changed?

Thanks,

Shalini V.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The output of a service as defined can only have one DataShape (only System Services can have "Dynamic DataShapes" to be shown on Mashups - for instance QueryImplementingThings or GetProperties services), but you can always output any amount of columns (dynamic) out of a services ignoring the defined DataShape.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The output of a service as defined can only have one DataShape (only System Services can have "Dynamic DataShapes" to be shown on Mashups - for instance QueryImplementingThings or GetProperties services), but you can always output any amount of columns (dynamic) out of a services ignoring the defined DataShape.

Hi CarlesColl,

Thanks for your quick response. 

Do you mean I can output any number of columns and create datashape from the respective output?

You can output any number of columns yes, you don't need to create a specific DataShape if it's dynamic.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @svisveswaraiya

If one of the responses from @CarlesColl answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags