cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

is it possible change user through mashup?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

hi, i'm seonho

for example, i login 'A' User

and mashup has two text box and button(navigate)

a 'B' user ID and password  input to text box

and click button(navigate) then user change

it looks similar FormLogin

is it possible? if so how to?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:CHASEONHO)

To my knowledge since you can only have one session at a time, you can't do it without first logging out one user then logging in as the other user.

(You can use a server side service to end a user session so it isn't just the logout service)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

What is the use case?

I've seen people create Registration style mashups using an AppKey which then allows a user to register first.

After that it logs them out and redirects them to a new page where they officially log in.

Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

I think if that is what you want to do?

Personally if you wanted someone to be logged out and another person be logged in, I would always do it in 'two steps' session closed, and they land at a login page.

I'm sorry I did not give you enough explanation.

My intention is to be able to change users without logging out.

You can account in specific page(MashUp) using the AppKey.

The AppKey reference a user.

If you use AppKey to access a specific page, you will be logged in to Thingworx as a user referencing Appkey.

A good way to change a user is to sign out and redirect to a different login page.

But I wonder if I can change a user with a user ID and password without a widget called logout. (Service or event)

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

To my knowledge since you can only have one session at a time, you can't do it without first logging out one user then logging in as the other user.

(You can use a server side service to end a user session so it isn't just the logout service)

Top Tags