cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

404 error when calling thing's services from mobile

dwie
7-Bedrock

404 error when calling thing's services from mobile

Hi, 

As you can find below, I got 404 error when I called thing's services from mobile. 

404 error.png

I installed Experience Service on-premise and not using SSL. 

I can get data from thingworx core to call services of things by using below url.

(http://xxx:2019/ExperienceService/content/projects/myproject/index-desktop.html)

But when I used mobile/tablet(iOS, Android) with thingview application or chrome browser, I got 404 error in Experience Service server log.

Since I can find logs in Experience Service server, I think the connection between Experience and mobile is ok but there is something wrong between Experience Service and thingworx. 

What am I missing?? configuration or anything else??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:dwie)

If you choose Public Access type, then we need to assign the visibility and run time permissions for the es-public access user in ThingWorx composer to that particular Thing. For example, In ThingWorx composer, open the required Thing -> click on Visibility and add es-public-access-org  -> Click on Run Time and add es-public-access user. 

visibility.JPGRunTime.JPG

Click on save and test the experience in ThingWorx view app. Let me know if it helps to resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ytella
17-Peridot

Hi,
Have you configured the ES URL in the ThingWorx view App settings?

dwie
7-Bedrock
(To:ytella)

@ytella yes, I did. that is why I can get the logs in ES server. (404 error)

And for your information I can see the 3D model in thingview but I cannot retrieve any data from thing's service. 

ytella
17-Peridot

Could you please confirm Access type of the experience? To verify this, click on the Info section in ThingWorx Studio and review the Access field as shown below:Info.JPG

dwie
7-Bedrock
(To:ytella)

@ytella Thank you for reply. 

Since I cannot access to the server now I cannot check it now but as I remember, it was public. 

And I remembered that I configured public access to Thingworx when I installed.

Then if I select "Requires Authentication" it should be working? or if I select "public" for access type, then what should I check??

ytella
17-Peridot

If you choose Public Access type, then we need to assign the visibility and run time permissions for the es-public access user in ThingWorx composer to that particular Thing. For example, In ThingWorx composer, open the required Thing -> click on Visibility and add es-public-access-org  -> Click on Run Time and add es-public-access user. 

visibility.JPGRunTime.JPG

Click on save and test the experience in ThingWorx view app. Let me know if it helps to resolve the issue.

Top Tags