cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

404 error when calling thing's services from mobile

dwie
7-Bedrock

404 error when calling thing's services from mobile

Hi, 

As you can find below, I got 404 error when I called thing's services from mobile. 

404 error.png

I installed Experience Service on-premise and not using SSL. 

I can get data from thingworx core to call services of things by using below url.

(http://xxx:2019/ExperienceService/content/projects/myproject/index-desktop.html)

But when I used mobile/tablet(iOS, Android) with thingview application or chrome browser, I got 404 error in Experience Service server log.

Since I can find logs in Experience Service server, I think the connection between Experience and mobile is ok but there is something wrong between Experience Service and thingworx. 

What am I missing?? configuration or anything else??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:dwie)

If you choose Public Access type, then we need to assign the visibility and run time permissions for the es-public access user in ThingWorx composer to that particular Thing. For example, In ThingWorx composer, open the required Thing -> click on Visibility and add es-public-access-org  -> Click on Run Time and add es-public-access user. 

visibility.JPGRunTime.JPG

Click on save and test the experience in ThingWorx view app. Let me know if it helps to resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ytella
17-Peridot

Hi,
Have you configured the ES URL in the ThingWorx view App settings?

dwie
7-Bedrock
(To:ytella)

@ytella yes, I did. that is why I can get the logs in ES server. (404 error)

And for your information I can see the 3D model in thingview but I cannot retrieve any data from thing's service. 

ytella
17-Peridot

Could you please confirm Access type of the experience? To verify this, click on the Info section in ThingWorx Studio and review the Access field as shown below:Info.JPG

dwie
7-Bedrock
(To:ytella)

@ytella Thank you for reply. 

Since I cannot access to the server now I cannot check it now but as I remember, it was public. 

And I remembered that I configured public access to Thingworx when I installed.

Then if I select "Requires Authentication" it should be working? or if I select "public" for access type, then what should I check??

ytella
17-Peridot

If you choose Public Access type, then we need to assign the visibility and run time permissions for the es-public access user in ThingWorx composer to that particular Thing. For example, In ThingWorx composer, open the required Thing -> click on Visibility and add es-public-access-org  -> Click on Run Time and add es-public-access user. 

visibility.JPGRunTime.JPG

Click on save and test the experience in ThingWorx view app. Let me know if it helps to resolve the issue.

Top Tags