cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to make button pressable in hololens2

vivekse
13-Aquamarine

How to make button pressable in hololens2

I saw a video on youtube which demonstrates the capabilities of hololens 2. My query is the button shown in the video when pressed, makes a motion and give a feel like it's actually moving. Can anyone describe how this is done?

For reference I am also attaching the video link. Please watch from 0:51 to 0:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjjqKLFMXM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I created a new Tech Tip "How to create a custom button pressable on HoloLens device?" where you can see the way how this was created /also models : creo parameteric , pvz file, and Vuforia Studio project are uploaded/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:vivekse)

The 3D button widget can be used in a HL2 experience to show/feel 'movement'. When viewing the experience, you can actually press the button rather than air tapping it. 

image.png 

vivekse
13-Aquamarine
(To:tmccombie)

Thank you @tmccombie for the reply. I have another question i.e. Can I customize the 3-D button widget? For eg can I make it look like the same in the video. If yes, can you show me an example?

Hi @vivekse ,

as UI elements in the HoloLens you can use only the available widget. As @tmccombie  pointed, you have for HoloLens 1 and 2 the 3d Button widgets. The UI displayed in the link is some thing what requires  Microsoft HoloLens API. So far I know, are these api not available in the Stuido Hololens project yet. So, I hope , this will change in the future.

As I pointed already in a old point you can create your own 3d model buttons . Example see here the video:

Thanks @RolandRaytchev for replying to the query. Can you tell me how you created those green buttons which once pressed turns red and then again regains its original color?

Hi @vivekse ,

I will create a new tip doc where I will try to explain it more detailed today and will add the linke here later..

I created a new Tech Tip "How to create a custom button pressable on HoloLens device?" where you can see the way how this was created /also models : creo parameteric , pvz file, and Vuforia Studio project are uploaded/

Top Tags