cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Pause sequence playback with Acknowledge Request

IstvanPolacsek
12-Amethyst

Pause sequence playback with Acknowledge Request

Hello,

I am in development of a HoloLens experience and faced the following issue:

• Sequence created in Creo Illustrate 4.2, displayed in HoloLens correctly,
  • I am using $scope.$on('newStep', function(evt, arg) to display sequence step information during playback.

After a step is played (using play event), the sequence is switched to the next step.

Thus the information I am displaying using newStep is automatically overwritten with the data related to the next step.

I am looking for a possibility to pause the sequence playback after a step is played.

In Illustrate there is a possibility to use Acknowledge to pause the playback and theres is an Acknowledge Request among the studio events, but I did not figure out how to tie those together.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

So far I know there is an event what we can use

The following steps

1.) in Creo Illustrate define for a step 

2018-12-18_11-49-19.jpg

then when we publish to pvz and play in Creo View the sequence we can see the Acknowledgement:

2018-12-18_11-16-15.jpg

2.) ON the HoloLense then we could use the Model Event "Acknowledge Requested"

2018-12-18_11-56-18.jpg

Where we can use some code like this :

$scope.speak = function(spokenText){ 
var msg = new SpeechSynthesisUtterance(spokenText);
window.speechSynthesis.speak(msg);
}

$scope.AcknowledgeEvent = function()
{
$scope.speak("Acknowledge occured!");
}

callback function and we  will hear the text "Acknowledge occurred.

When we are calling "playAll" service here via double tap then it will stop the sequence after the acknowledge event and we need again the call playAll to continue the sequence until the end of the sequence  or until next acknowledgement occurs.  I did not test it further but may be we can implement more  complex logic to continue or to play the current step event  again . In this case we need also to evaluate the arguments of the "stepstarted" and "stepcompleted" events

The Acknowledge message is also coming as argument in the step event. For more info you can check these posts:

:

"Display sequence step names from Creo Illustrate"

and

"Repeat current step"

I'm working on a similar scenario, but I'm having a specific problem, which seems to be a bug on iOS and Android. In the preview, when the sequence pauses for acknowledgement, the "newStep" event triggers, so I can get the updated label text for the next step and display it after the acknowledgement action is done. So that's all working just as I want.

Unfortunately, on iOS and Android, for a step with Acknowlegement Requested, it doesn't seem to trigger the "newStep" event when the step is done. It pauses, and I can do the acknowledgement action (button click, basically), which starts the sequence again. But, because there's no "newStep" event, I can't get the step text (step name) for the step after the acknowledgement.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround I could use to make sure "newStep" triggers at the end of an acknowledgement step on mobile devices, or to get the step text some other way?

@tmccombie , @RolandRaytchev is this a known issue?

Hi @ClayHelberg ,

I saw now your question.

I started   a quick check in  the database but could not find any reported  issues related to the problem.

Therefore, I will test the problem next week and will provide a feedback and respectively will report it to PTC R&D

Thanks

Thanks, @RolandRaytchev . Let me know if you need any additional information on the issue.

@RolandRaytchev , I think I just discovered what my problem is. I think it had to do with some text transformations I was doing inside the listener. I will do some more testing and let you know for sure.

Hi @RolandRaytchev --

It turns out this was my own programming issue. I was using some code to fix up character encoding issues, and the code worked correctly in the preview, but threw an exception in the mobile app. Once I cleaned that up I was able to see the newStep events on Vuforia View mobile versions. Sorry about the confusion.

--Clay

Hi @ClayHelberg ,

many thanks for the clarification, as I mentioned I planed to test this issue next Monday or Tuesday. - Because I supposed that this required more intensive tests. I am sorry for the delay and want to thank you for the feedback.
So, the current status now is that the issue does not persist anymore and we can close this topic? Or are there some remaining points to report?
Thanks

Hi @RolandRaytchev --

Yes, thanks for checking back, everything is sorted out for me now.

You may be interested: I notice I'm getting different character encoding results on different platforms, i.e. in browser preview (Chrome on Windows 10), strings imported from step names seem to be interpreted as ISO-8859-1, which means any double-byte characters display incorrectly. (That's why I had added that text transformation that was breaking on iOS.) But on iOS, the strings are interpreted as UTF-8, and display correctly without any transformation (lucky for me!). I'm not sure if that's anything Vuforia has any control over, but thought you might want to be aware.

Top Tags