cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Reduce PVZ file size

Adrian_G.
9-Granite

Reduce PVZ file size

Sorry for the noob question.
Is there a way we can reduce PVZ File size?

I've been working on a project with an original c3di file of about 1gb.
I already reduced the drawing to what I only need in my AR Experience but the pvz size is still about 400MB.

When I try to upload it with Optimizer, I can't get through as it will be interrupted for reasons I don't know.

Then in my experience I need to upload 4-5 files of about the same size. 
I am using Vuforia Studio, Creo View and Creo Illustrate only.

I checked that using Creo Parametric there's shrinkwrap or something similar but in the software im using there's none. I also dont have the MCAD Adapter. 

Hope there are ways.
Thanks in advance for those who can help. Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
pandersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:Adrian_G.)

Hello,

Have tried to run the commands manually from the CAD tool shell?

Example how to do can be found here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Optimize-PVZ-before/m-p/649769#M7582

At least you will be able to see any error messages

/Per

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-1789200161083860801..png

Per Lönnehed
Fellow

+46-706-740 668
plonnehed@ptc.com

ptc.com

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDIucG5n-3466277002753626312..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDMucG5n-2510311459225555729..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDQucG5n-6218219724779075155..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDUucG5n-11377508816803424..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDYucG5n-3667646701339723111..png

Hi @pandersson ,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually I tried this one too.

When I tried to follow the commands, it says no input files given.
Im not sure what went wrong or where did I go wrong.

Adrian_G_0-1663745229392.png

I have 4 batch commands there I think.

To call my optimizer: (am I right?)
C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvsoptimize.exe   

To configure rcp files:
-r C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvsoptimize_low.rcp

For the location of the output:
-vc1 -p C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR

For the input:
-o,C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR\PC950OutsideView.pvz

is this correct??

Hello,

so far I remember that for long time when I tested it was working fine. Possibly you need to use quotas characters to be sure that there is no issue with the special characters

Command Prompt: 
<location of pvsoptimize.exe>Space -r Space <location of pvsoptimize recipe file> Space <location of data that you want to 
optimize>
Example : C:\Users\hsohal\Desktop\Data Optimization\Converted_data>"C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo 5.1\View Files 
Tools\bin\pvsoptimize.exe" -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo 5.1\View Files 
Tools\recipe\pvsoptimize_for_illustration_with_view_state.rcp" "C:\Users\hsohal\Desktop\Data 
Optimization\3D_Model_Data\Brake_Assembly.pvz“

Hi @RolandRaytchev,

Thank you for the corrections.

I followed what you advised and put "" and I think the command works properly.
My problem now is where can I find the reduced drawing?
Will it be in PVZ file as well? or do I need to do something after?

Hi @Adrian_G. ,

I think ,when you did not explicitly specified the location - there are the following candidates  of locations:

- current directory where you started the Windows prompt CMD

- the source directory where is the original pvz file  

Please, let me know when you could not find your optimized file , So then , I will check it on my Installation. but in this case, please provide  an example how did you call it (the string called in the cmd box - to be sure that I will test the same case) , thanks

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Yesterday, the program run properly. The problem is that I don't know where the location of the optimized file was saved.
Today, I modified the program and changed the current directory where the prompt started to a folder in my desktop.

But I got an error saying that the "App cant run on your PC".

Screen1.JPG

This is the command I used.

Command Prompt: 

C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR>"C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvsoptimize.exe" -r "C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvsoptimize_low_vuforia.rcp" "C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR\PC950OutsideView.pvz"

Top Tags