cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Reduce PVZ file size

Adrian_G.
9-Granite

Reduce PVZ file size

Sorry for the noob question.
Is there a way we can reduce PVZ File size?

I've been working on a project with an original c3di file of about 1gb.
I already reduced the drawing to what I only need in my AR Experience but the pvz size is still about 400MB.

When I try to upload it with Optimizer, I can't get through as it will be interrupted for reasons I don't know.

Then in my experience I need to upload 4-5 files of about the same size. 
I am using Vuforia Studio, Creo View and Creo Illustrate only.

I checked that using Creo Parametric there's shrinkwrap or something similar but in the software im using there's none. I also dont have the MCAD Adapter. 

Hope there are ways.
Thanks in advance for those who can help. Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
pandersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:Adrian_G.)

Hello,

Have tried to run the commands manually from the CAD tool shell?

Example how to do can be found here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Optimize-PVZ-before/m-p/649769#M7582

At least you will be able to see any error messages

/Per

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-1789200161083860801..png

Per Lönnehed
Fellow

+46-706-740 668
plonnehed@ptc.com

ptc.com

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDIucG5n-3466277002753626312..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDMucG5n-2510311459225555729..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDQucG5n-6218219724779075155..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDUucG5n-11377508816803424..pngupload_-aW1hZ2UwMDYucG5n-3667646701339723111..png

Hi @pandersson ,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually I tried this one too.

When I tried to follow the commands, it says no input files given.
Im not sure what went wrong or where did I go wrong.

Adrian_G_0-1663745229392.png

I have 4 batch commands there I think.

To call my optimizer: (am I right?)
C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvsoptimize.exe   

To configure rcp files:
-r C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvsoptimize_low.rcp

For the location of the output:
-vc1 -p C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR

For the input:
-o,C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR\PC950OutsideView.pvz

is this correct??

Hello,

so far I remember that for long time when I tested it was working fine. Possibly you need to use quotas characters to be sure that there is no issue with the special characters

Command Prompt: 
<location of pvsoptimize.exe>Space -r Space <location of pvsoptimize recipe file> Space <location of data that you want to 
optimize>
Example : C:\Users\hsohal\Desktop\Data Optimization\Converted_data>"C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo 5.1\View Files 
Tools\bin\pvsoptimize.exe" -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo 5.1\View Files 
Tools\recipe\pvsoptimize_for_illustration_with_view_state.rcp" "C:\Users\hsohal\Desktop\Data 
Optimization\3D_Model_Data\Brake_Assembly.pvz“

Hi @RolandRaytchev,

Thank you for the corrections.

I followed what you advised and put "" and I think the command works properly.
My problem now is where can I find the reduced drawing?
Will it be in PVZ file as well? or do I need to do something after?

Hi @Adrian_G. ,

I think ,when you did not explicitly specified the location - there are the following candidates  of locations:

- current directory where you started the Windows prompt CMD

- the source directory where is the original pvz file  

Please, let me know when you could not find your optimized file , So then , I will check it on my Installation. but in this case, please provide  an example how did you call it (the string called in the cmd box - to be sure that I will test the same case) , thanks

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Yesterday, the program run properly. The problem is that I don't know where the location of the optimized file was saved.
Today, I modified the program and changed the current directory where the prompt started to a folder in my desktop.

But I got an error saying that the "App cant run on your PC".

Screen1.JPG

This is the command I used.

Command Prompt: 

C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR>"C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\bin\pvsoptimize.exe" -r "C:\Users\KM64741\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\studio-download.vuforia.io\node_modules\@ptc\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvsoptimize_low_vuforia.rcp" "C:\Users\KM64741\Desktop\ForAR\PC950OutsideView.pvz"

Top Tags