cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Start tracking on button press

micah
12-Amethyst

Start tracking on button press

Is there a way to delay the tracking so that it begins after pressing button instead of when the view is loaded?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @micah ,

if you mean start tracking - the go into scan mode. Yes. It depends what you experience will call on start.

For example, if you can call the experience via deep link / or reading a QR code. In this case you can  set the start View (experience setting) :

2020-05-18_11-40-50.jpg

- you start view could be a 2D view containing only 2d texts and buttons.

When you click a button then you can call e.g. :

//navigate to the view 'TESTVIEW'
twx.app.fn.navigate('TESTVIEW');

Which will call another view - 3D view which contains a target (model target, image target, spatial target or thingmark) - then the app will go then in scan mode.

Another option / depends on your current context  if applicable / is to call the scan mode directly  via service:

//////////
$scope.init = function(){
$timeout($scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["popup-1"].svc.showpopup'),100);
$timeout($scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["scan-1"].svc.startScan'),500);
  console.info("init was called at time: "+Date(Date.now()))
};

or:

$scope.app.funcScanNow=function() {$scope.app.fn.navigateToScanMode();}

In my view I want to have the generated target outline, so the user can try to line up the target before tracking.

What CSS do I use for the image to ensure it scales across different devices?

So far I remember the question was how to delay the tracking.

Regarding to the "line up the target" of the tracking - I am  not sure what is meant here.

Do you mean the size of the scanning box , or something else?

2020-05-22_8-24-33.jpg

And should this change will be applied generally or only for specific targets types … etc.

Could you explain more detailed, please? May be , providing some picture for clarification will be a good idea here –

Top Tags