cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Divestiture Rehost Results - Sharing some tips on user updates

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Divestiture Rehost Results - Sharing some tips on user updates

This is just a sharing post. My company completed a major step in our divestiture from RTX. Shout out to @ShawnLothrop and the Boston Engineering team for their help. After a clone/split/delete project, it was time to lift and shift Windchill to our new network. The rehost was a snap with a good architecture setup suggestion from BE (running with a proxy server).  So, one of the things we had to do was update the LDAP and Oracle tables since each user was getting a new userid and email address.  

1. Updating WindchillDS LDIF: This was done with an LDIF export and "sed" command. Looks like something like this:

sed -e "s/joe.schmo@oldcompany.com/jschmo@newcompany.com/" -e "s/joe.schmo/jschmo777/" -e "s/jane.doe@oldcompany.com/jdoe@newcompany.com/" -e "s/jane.doe/jdoe523/" ... <sourceLDAP_5_28_2021_orig.ldif>sourceLDAP_5_28_2021_new.ldif

Key was to do the email FIRST then the username. This will update all occurrences which takes care of group memberships and user DNs.  I was able to use Excel to string together a massive command (31k characters) and paste that into a putty shell. Runs in a few seconds and entire LDIF is updated. "..." means rinse/repeat for all users.

2. Updating WTUSER table (backup first)

UPDATE WTUSER SET NAME ='jschmo777' WHERE NAME='joe.schmo';

UPDATE WTUSER SET EMAIL ='jschmo@newcompany.com' WHERE EMAIL='joe.schmo@oldcompany.com';

Easy to construct in Excel and paste as script into SQL utility.

3. Updating REMOTEOBJETID (backup first)

UPDATE REMOTEOBJECTID SET REMOTEOBJECTID='uid=jschmo777,ou=people,cn=administrativeldap,cn=windchill_11.1,o=ptc' WHERE REMOTEOBJECTID='uid=joe.schmo,ou=people,cn=administrativeldap,cn=windchill_11.1,o=ptc';

Same deal and this will ensure that the LDAP LDIF changes match the database. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just replying since this was a sharing post, not a question. I miss blog posts that the communities used to have.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Just replying since this was a sharing post, not a question. I miss blog posts that the communities used to have.

Top Tags