cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill Rehosting

Vipul
12-Amethyst

Windchill Rehosting

As i am new to windchill, I just want to know that how to move the Windchill from present drive to the Another drive on same machine, so what procedure must be followed.

Thanks in advance for the support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Vipul)

Download, read and understand the Windchill Rehost Guide.

Create your own documentation on the steps needed for the move.

Create rehost property files for your move operation.

Backup your complete system before the move.

Move the Windchill installation folder to your new drive.

Run the rehost utility.

If you have a test system, do this on that system first. Getting the properties set right can be a bit hit and miss.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi,

Useful related article - "How to expand a vault onto a new physical drive in Windchill PDMLink": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS57124

Vipul
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

hi

thanks for the reply.

but actually i want to move the whole data from windchill from W drive to the F drive (i.e rehosting move scenario). so please share any document you have. waiting for the solution.

Thanks in advance.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Download, read and understand the Windchill Rehost Guide.

Create your own documentation on the steps needed for the move.

Create rehost property files for your move operation.

Backup your complete system before the move.

Move the Windchill installation folder to your new drive.

Run the rehost utility.

If you have a test system, do this on that system first. Getting the properties set right can be a bit hit and miss.

Vipul
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you so much BenLoosli for your valuable guidance.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

@MikeLockwood 

He's not moving the vaults, he's moving %WT_HOME%.

@Vipul,

I'm guessing you can just move the data to the other drive and update a couple of xml or properties files.  I'm doing a quick search on my test system to see how many places the file path is actually hard coded...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I was hoping it would be easy to do a 'find and replace' from the old path to the new path in Notepad++, but it turns out this path exists in a lot of files.  While many of these are probably just backups or log files, I still found over 4 million hits in almost 1200 different files.  You're probably better off doing what @BenLoosli suggested and using the rehost utility instead.

Top Tags